• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there any place you won't OC?

Lovenox

Just wondering if there are any locations you elect NOT to carry when legal to do so and why?

69Charger

There is NO WHERE that is legal that I will not OC. Only where it is illegal to carry at all. (post office, jail)
Dave

bennie1986

My bank because I have had a conversation with the teller that usually helps me and he thought it was illegal. I explained to him that it wasn’t and he said it probably wouldn’t be a good idea but didn’t tell me not to do it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
My bank because I have had a conversation with the teller that usually helps me and he thought it was illegal. I explained to him that it wasn’t and he said it probably wouldn’t be a good idea but didn’t tell me not to do it.

Only 3: Costco (which I shop at rarely), any mall (which I shop at rarely) and the movie theater (which is also a rarity), all 3 of these locations are know anti self-defense/anti-weapon AND because all 3 of these you need to be on their property for a prolonged period of time... I choose to CC when/if I visit their business.

I have no problem with OC at my church.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I will not carry when in the bathtub...I do keep my friend close though. Hm, I will OC anywhere that it is legally permitted. I have not been approached and told to cover, but I will, it's inevitable--AHHH it just came to me, Costco...I just cover my sidearm with my shirt.

Last edited:

jt59

Ditto

Anyplace that I am aware of company policy that ban's OC.

I also wouldn't OC at the 8:30 service at my Church.

only 3: costco (which I shop at rarely), any mall (which I shop at rarely) and the movie theater (which is also a rarety), al 3 of these locations are know anti self-defense/anti-weapon AND beause all 3 of these you need to be on their property for a prrolonged period of time... I choose to CC when/if I visit their business.

Last edited:

G20-IWB24/7

Yup. gogodawgs and jt59 covered it. I'll CC at Costco, any malls, and church. (I don't make it to many theaters.)

I understand the whole argument about not supporting businesses that do not respect your 2nd amendment rights, so I'm on the look-out for a place that sells Chicken Bakes and is Pro-2A. Haven't found one yet.

-G20

Sparky508

Will Not

I will not OC in a box
I will not OC with a fox.

I will not OC with a goat
I will not OC with a coat....................wait that'd be CC and off topic for this thread.

I cannot OC in a bar
I need a CPL in my car.

I might OC in Idaho
but never OC in Costco

Tawnos

Costco, any place where there are enough people close enough by that I can't maintain comfortable awareness of those around me. Movies. Restaurants where I am not a regular and might have a beer with my meal.

jt59

hahahahaha....that's great!

I will not OC in a box
I will not OC with a fox.

I will not OC with a goat
I will not OC with a coat....................wait that'd be CC and off topic for this thread.

I cannot OC in a bar
I need a CPL in my car.

I might OC in Idaho
but never OC in Costco

tombrewster421

(I don't make it to many theaters.) -G20[/QUOTE said:
I open carried at the privately owned Yelm Cinemas with no problems. There's one theater we can support. Besides they're a dollar less than Regal.

Leatherneck

Only 3: Costco (which I shop at rarely), any mall (which I shop at rarely) and the movie theater (which is also a rarity), all 3 of these locations are know anti self-defense/anti-weapon AND because all 3 of these you need to be on their property for a prolonged period of time... I choose to CC when/if I visit their business.

I have no problem with OC at my church.

+1
however, I don't OC at church.

MAndrew

Here are the places I don't open carry:

- Where it is illegal to do so.
- While a guest at a residence and the host has asked me to not carry.
- When submerging in water or any other liquid.

Other than the above I will always open carry. I don't really bother keeping track of which stores do not permit firearms. I'll just go in and do my business. If they ask me to leave then I'll leave, but so far it hasn't happened. I don't shop at Costco and Regal cinemas has never given me grief over open carrying.

Genken

Work, or when I'm in uniform. But I live off post, and wont even attempt to take my pistol on post. 9 times out of 10, I'll go home, change, grab my pistol, then go run my errands.

That and places where I can't OC.

jddssc121

Here are the places I don't open carry:

- Where it is illegal to do so.
- While a guest at a residence and the host has asked me to not carry.
- When submerging in water or any other liquid.

Other than the above I will always open carry. I don't really bother keeping track of which stores do not permit firearms. I'll just go in and do my business. If they ask me to leave then I'll leave, but so far it hasn't happened. I don't shop at Costco and Regal cinemas has never given me grief over open carrying.

what he said + any business that asks me to leave. I just vote with my wallet and go elsewhere. Like or not, they have a right to make the rules on their property; I'll respect it, even if i think they're dumb.

cynicist

Yeah, my own neighborhood.
I live in a small town overrun by gangs (police estimate up to one thousand 'active' gang members, out of a population of 13k). If they see with a gun, or a laptop, or anything of value, they'll keep an eye on you and break in when they find out where you live. I know of people who carried their laptop to school everyday, and the first day they didn't someone broke in and stole it. It's a way of advertising you have guns in the house (seriously, who here only owns one gun?) so you know that if they see you leave, they know there's somethings in the house they want to get their hands on.
Otherwise, my dad doesn't like guns, so I don't carry them around him in his house, but that's about it.