• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there any place you won't OC?

Sparky508

OC in the shower

I find it almost impossible not to OC in the shower.

I tried to CC once............................(shivers)

tombrewster421

I have OC'd in there a few times with no issues. Perhaps we can meet up somewhere in Yelm one of these days and have an OC chat or the like. I'm not far from there.

That would be great, and maybe go shoot at range 15 afterwards. PM me when you think you'd be free. Maybe Saturday morning?

jt59

Marine

I do not OC during sex or while in the shower .... does that help ya out ?

My Dad used to say "This is my rifle and this is my gun, with my rifle I shoot enemies and with my gun"....well you get it....WWII vet

Last edited:

joejoejoe

My church leaders are all for OC I would guess, but the congregation doesn't allow dancing. I would hardly think they would be okay with me OCing in there. I CC at church.

I don't OC at friends' houses

I would try Regal, but I don't go out for movies (too much money)

I HAVE OCed into my bank twice. They seem legit about it.

I don't shop at costco (I'm an organic guy, I shop at Trader Joe's which is now cool me OCing)

And for some reason I am afraid of Target LOL. I have a feeling it would just not turn out well.

kenshin

I'll OC just about anywhere that it's legal. I do cc at Costco when I go there, which is infrequently. My new bank has never had an issue with it. I even dropped off a couple pamphlets with the bank manager which she said she would pass around. My old bank....well that's the reason I left my old bank. Don't go to church, but if I did, I wouldn't have a problem OCing there.

Beretta92FSLady

Yeah, my own neighborhood.
I live in a small town overrun by gangs (police estimate up to one thousand 'active' gang members, out of a population of 13k). If they see with a gun, or a laptop, or anything of value, they'll keep an eye on you and break in when they find out where you live. I know of people who carried their laptop to school everyday, and the first day they didn't someone broke in and stole it. It's a way of advertising you have guns in the house (seriously, who here only owns one gun?) so you know that if they see you leave, they know there's somethings in the house they want to get their hands on.
Otherwise, my dad doesn't like guns, so I don't carry them around him in his house, but that's about it.

I thought Yakima would be a Conservative area of Washington state=less crime. Yakima sounds worse than Seattle.

kenshin

I don't OC/CC while surfing, wakeboarding, snow skiing or working out in the gym.

Yes, thanks for reminding me. Don't OC while snowboarding either. In fact, don't carry at all while snowboarding. Now before everybody jumps on me, have you ever taken a tumble on boiler plate? Been there, done that, won't do it again; was bruised for a month where the gun slammed into my hip. Not fun.

badger

I thought Yakima would be a Conservative area of Washington state=less crime. Yakima sounds worse than Seattle.

I was in Yakima recently and saw several LE wearing "Gang Enforcement" uniforms. That is something I have never seen in Seattle. My dad is a deputy in Kittitas County & says Yakima is getting really bad with gangs.

-Badger

Metalhead47

Interesting that the general consensus seems to be against OC in church. I was actually thinking about starting a thread on just that topic the other day. Have to say I'd agree, OC in church just seems kinda crass I guess. Like wearing dirty clothes or an overly political Tshit.

Other than that, my "NO OC" spots are pretty much the same: Costco, which I rarely go to; malls, which I hate; and movie theaters. Still haven't had the opportunity to see what my local bank thinks, and of course no carry of any sort at work.

J_Douglass

Work, or when I'm in uniform. But I live off post, and wont even attempt to take my pistol on post. 9 times out of 10, I'll go home, change, grab my pistol, then go run my errands.

That and places where I can't OC.

+1 At least that is what I plan on doing when we get back from Iraq.

Matt85

i dont OC to school, pretty sure its not illegal but there are scouters that pop up from time to time looking for people to hire and i dont wanna hurt my chances.