• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Willow Run Air Show - Carry Not Allowed?

Agent1

Sorry about the delay!

I meant to post this last night but I just couldn't find time to get on. I have been real busy today too. Sorry it took so long.

Agent1,

I have forwarded your request to air show management.

Thanks.

Herb

Herb Gillen

Mr. Agent1,
In am sorry about the confusion but the information you received is incorrect. As the owner of a concealed pistol license you are permitted on the air show grounds with your weapon. Please ensure you have proper documentation if you are searched or questioned.
Regards,
Kevin

Kevin T. Walsh
Event Director
THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN Air Show
Yankee Air Museum
Email airshows@msn.com

Looks like They may be unware of OC rights.

Last edited:

scot623

Nice! I like it!!!! There won't be need for a search when it's strapped to your hip. You have to report back to their reaction when they see it. Heck, now I wanna go to this air show.

Last edited:

Agent1

Good news for EM87 CC good to go!

I like it too other then the fact that it says "as the owner of a CPL" you are allowed. I think you are allowed OC even if you have no CPL. Am I wrong?

At least it is good news for EM87 who stated in his OP that he intended to go CC.

EM87 PM me if you would like those emails forwarded to you. You might just want them to be part of your "Documentation" if you are "searched and/or questioned".

EM87

Just got an email back from the event manager. Good news!

Matt,
Your license is the exception.
We are in compliance and you can carry as per State law.
Regards,
Kevin

EM87

Went to the air show today CCing. Brought my email documentation. The entrance was free of people conducting illegal searches. CC'd for a few hours there no problems.

Uneventful, as I hoped it would be. The air show was sweet!

Agent1

Agent1 - Thanks for the emails.

Autosurgeon - Emails sent.

No problem! And I am glad you didn't have any problems at the Air show.

I had no intentions in attending due to a birthday party. But it is always fun to help each other 'edgamacate' the general public.:banana: