Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I have question?

  1. #1
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025

    I have question?

    Although we are all registered for this forum and not "members", could we get a count on how many folks there are in WA that have subscribed to this forum somewhere?

  2. #2
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Although we are all registered for this forum and not "members", could we get a count on how many folks there are in WA that have subscribed to this forum somewhere?
    At the bottom of the page that lists all the states is shows how many folks are currently online but didnt find how many are registered who arnt online.
    Last edited by bennie1986; 08-04-2010 at 04:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025
    Right, I understand the "numbers viewing" bit, I was just curious to know the strength of Washington advocates.

    Quote Originally Posted by bennie1986 View Post
    At the bottom of the page that lists all the states is shows how many folks are currently online but didnt find how many are registered who arnt online.

  4. #4
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Right, I understand the "numbers viewing" bit, I was just curious to know the strength of Washington advocates.
    Itís a good question! I would be interested to find out as well. Maybe this could be added as a feature somewhere.

  5. #5
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    If the total number of posts is any indication of the "depth" in WA State members, there are a lot. At 93,000+, WA is second only to VA at 123,000 +. The rest are a much smaller fraction of that. If not an indicator of total membership for a State it sure is a good indicator of the "enthusiasm" of them.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maple Valley, Washington, USA
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by bennie1986 View Post
    Itís a good question! I would be interested to find out as well. Maybe this could be added as a feature somewhere.
    Under the community header near the top of the page there is a section for member lists, an advanced search for WA only showed 685 people. AFAIK this is only the people that have set a location in WA, not necessarily the "actual" number of subscribers that are registered in WA. The total number of members for OCDO was over 22,000.

  7. #7
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025
    That's closer, thanks!.....I'm just wondering about this in relation to advocacy issues and the power of strength in numbers....and ultimately how we gather them to a rally point that is important (Spokane Parks, Pierce County, Vancouver, Yakima)....every issue needs a champion, but to fire for effect, it's important to not be viewed as "a dog yapping in the yard" to any of these communities that we hope to affect change in and there is strength and success in numbers, that I've seen.....along with a few soloists, willing to take their at bats for the cause....and with 600+ people, heck that's enough for a statewide convention, guest speakers and everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by hrlysef View Post
    Under the community header near the top of the page there is a section for member lists, an advanced search for WA only showed 685 people. AFAIK this is only the people that have set a location in WA, not necessarily the "actual" number of subscribers that are registered in WA. The total number of members for OCDO was over 22,000.
    Last edited by jt59; 08-04-2010 at 05:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025
    According to our administrator, we have approx 1,360 folks with Washington listed as their primary registration state....

    That's pretty cool....it would be cooler to get us all out at some event or other.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW , Washington, USA
    Posts
    166
    I wish we had a "Washington Off topic" forum. Off topic at OC's main page is ok but it would be nice to be able to field a OT gun question amongst friends and family so to speak. Not that feed back from Skippy Moonshine down in the Ozarks isn't great and all. But I tend to value our local opinion, Positive or negative, with a little more weight.

  10. #10
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Perdition View Post
    I wish we had a "Washington Off topic" forum. Off topic at OC's main page is ok but it would be nice to be able to field a OT gun question amongst friends and family so to speak. Not that feed back from Skippy Moonshine down in the Ozarks isn't great and all. But I tend to value our local opinion, Positive or negative, with a little more weight.
    +1

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Perdition View Post
    I wish we had a "Washington Off topic" forum. Off topic at OC's main page is ok but it would be nice to be able to field a OT gun question amongst friends and family so to speak. Not that feed back from Skippy Moonshine down in the Ozarks isn't great and all. But I tend to value our local opinion, Positive or negative, with a little more weight.
    I don't think that there is a problem with an off topic question relating to a 'gun' as you put it. Stay away from OC of long guns, bashing LEO or other groups, and things unrelated.
    Live Free or Die!

  12. #12
    Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW , Washington, USA
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I don't think that there is a problem with an off topic question relating to a 'gun' as you put it. Stay away from OC of long guns, bashing LEO or other groups, and things unrelated.
    Sure... but... it would be nice to talk to you about long guns, gun safes, ammo storage, War memorabilia, collectable guns and what not. Just a thought.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •