• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have question?

jt59

Although we are all registered for this forum and not "members", could we get a count on how many folks there are in WA that have subscribed to this forum somewhere?

bennie1986

Although we are all registered for this forum and not "members", could we get a count on how many folks there are in WA that have subscribed to this forum somewhere?

At the bottom of the page that lists all the states is shows how many folks are currently online but didnt find how many are registered who arnt online.

Last edited:

jt59

Right, I understand the "numbers viewing" bit, I was just curious to know the strength of Washington advocates.

At the bottom of the page that lists all the states is shows how many folks are currently online but didnt find how many are registered who arnt online.

amlevin

If the total number of posts is any indication of the "depth" in WA State members, there are a lot. At 93,000+, WA is second only to VA at 123,000 +. The rest are a much smaller fraction of that. If not an indicator of total membership for a State it sure is a good indicator of the "enthusiasm" of them.

hrlysef

Banned
It’s a good question! I would be interested to find out as well. Maybe this could be added as a feature somewhere.

Under the community header near the top of the page there is a section for member lists, an advanced search for WA only showed 685 people. AFAIK this is only the people that have set a location in WA, not necessarily the "actual" number of subscribers that are registered in WA. The total number of members for OCDO was over 22,000.

jt59

That's closer, thanks!.....I'm just wondering about this in relation to advocacy issues and the power of strength in numbers....and ultimately how we gather them to a rally point that is important (Spokane Parks, Pierce County, Vancouver, Yakima)....every issue needs a champion, but to fire for effect, it's important to not be viewed as "a dog yapping in the yard" to any of these communities that we hope to affect change in and there is strength and success in numbers, that I've seen.....along with a few soloists, willing to take their at bats for the cause....and with 600+ people, heck that's enough for a statewide convention, guest speakers and everything.

Under the community header near the top of the page there is a section for member lists, an advanced search for WA only showed 685 people. AFAIK this is only the people that have set a location in WA, not necessarily the "actual" number of subscribers that are registered in WA. The total number of members for OCDO was over 22,000.

Last edited:

jt59

According to our administrator, we have approx 1,360 folks with Washington listed as their primary registration state....

That's pretty cool....it would be cooler to get us all out at some event or other.

Son_of_Perdition

I wish we had a "Washington Off topic" forum. Off topic at OC's main page is ok but it would be nice to be able to field a OT gun question amongst friends and family so to speak. Not that feed back from Skippy Moonshine down in the Ozarks isn't great and all. But I tend to value our local opinion, Positive or negative, with a little more weight.

bennie1986

I wish we had a "Washington Off topic" forum. Off topic at OC's main page is ok but it would be nice to be able to field a OT gun question amongst friends and family so to speak. Not that feed back from Skippy Moonshine down in the Ozarks isn't great and all. But I tend to value our local opinion, Positive or negative, with a little more weight.

+1

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

I don't think that there is a problem with an off topic question relating to a 'gun' as you put it. Stay away from OC of long guns, bashing LEO or other groups, and things unrelated.

Son_of_Perdition

I don't think that there is a problem with an off topic question relating to a 'gun' as you put it. Stay away from OC of long guns, bashing LEO or other groups, and things unrelated.

Sure... but... it would be nice to talk to you about long guns, gun safes, ammo storage, War memorabilia, collectable guns and what not. Just a thought.