• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you to those of you who notified me about the Washington Post article

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I've had a few phone calls and messages about the article regarding me and our training that appeared in today's Washington Post.

Suffice it to say that I am writing a reply. Thanks to everyone who let me know that the article was out there, since the reporter did not identify himself and tell me that he was writing an article beforehand.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
It is rather humorous.

Anyone who has taken any of my classes knows that I often inject humor into my discussions. It helps students remember things. Mr. Malloy seems to have taken bits and pieces of things that I said and twisted them to fit his agenda.

My only regret is that he didn't mention the company name. I could use the free advertising.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I never comment on those stupid things....but I think I'll break that rule.:D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Mine may be removed..:uhoh:

Is "Monkey with a football" a personal attack?

nova

Nothing like a good WaPo hit piece on Virginia and guns.

F him. Don't like the way we do things here, stay on the other side of the Potomac in your anti-gun dreamland and tell your associates to quit bringing your criminals into our state.

eta: looks like they deleted all the comments. Glad to see a newspaper supporting free speech, as long as it is theirs.

Last edited:

ElW75

So much for honesty in journalism. This guy approached your course with anything but an open mind and decided to write a hack job to editorialize his point of view. And you wonder why many informed Americans do not trust "mainstream media."

architect

Not an article, a hatchet job

You have to wonder about the morality and ethics of someone who would fly a false flag to make a political point. Could you imagine a pro-rights advocate attending a Brady Bunch meeting without making his position clear? Oh wait, they kick out those who don't agree with them.

hunter45

I can tell that he is a **** just by looking at his picture.

PH2005052700709.gif

TFred

I can't see them. :eek: It might be NoScript blocking off a lot of the scripts running on the page, including the ones used by the comment field.
Here's the direct link to the comments, but they do go through some sort of a loading process, which is, like you said, almost certainly script intensive. The article can be relatively static, but the comments are gonna be in a database somewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/03/AR2010080306725_Comments.html

TFred

Toad

Founder's Club Member
...and they wounder why print media subscriptions and readership are falling to near zero revenues. I stopped reading the com-Post quite some time ago as they gave even the fly by night amateur journalists a bad name.

nova

0 Comments
BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

probably my noscript

paramedic70002

I got my shot in.

paramedic70002 wrote:
Since he likes those scenarios so much, here's another: Say you're sitting at your desk glowing about some inane and biased article that was just published. The FBI "press police" show up and seize your press permit, and you are charged with "misrepresenting the facts in violation of the First Amendment." The Bill of Rights - not so funny anymore.