• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks for the hospitality

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Hey, Colorado, I'm from Wisconsin but just took a vacation out your way.

I carried through the Garden of the Gods park, and up to Pike's Peak. Then on to Silverton for a few days of Jeeping. My sidearm didn't leave my hip almost the entire week I was in your beautiful state, only took it off where required by law. The only looks I noticed seemed to be other tourists. Every restaurant/shop/etc I entered seemed perfectly fine with it. What a nice change from the Wisconsin OC climate! I did spend one night in Denver, but we're not going to talk about that ;)

Thanks again Colorado.

ZackL

Glad you enjoyed your stay and I, at least, hope that you'll come back soon.

As for Denver, I love spending time up there, I just hate having to disarm to do so. There's a lot of great things to do there, but it really isn't gun friendly. I always carry along the outskirts of the county line, but it does make me very nervous... lol.

Like I said earlier, glad you enjoyed it here and come back any time.

Dynamite Rabbit

Glad you enjoyed your stay and I, at least, hope that you'll come back soon.

Ditto. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'd love to see Wisconsin, put probably won't until you get them to let folks carry guns!

I have an uncle in Madison, and won't even begin to talk guns with him.

Gunslinger

Ditto. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'd love to see Wisconsin, put probably won't until you get them to let folks carry guns!

I have an uncle in Madison, and won't even begin to talk guns with him.
Went to WI many times while growing up in IL--when it was still a free state. Loved the Dells. Come back soon--hopefully with a WI CCW someday, when the voters wakeup.