• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern WA OC Report

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I was pulled over for speeding (First time in nearly 8 years) somewhere around Creston on Hwy 2 late last night on my trip back to MT from the wet side. Pistol OC on hip, no questions, no CPL demand. He was nice and I was nice, did not answer any questions and I was on my way in under 10 minutes without a ticket.

I also open carried in numerous gas stations, rest stops, restaurants during the trip here and back. No problems anywhere along the way. Had a nice conversation with a lady behind the counter at Coulee City gas station.

noname762

I was pulled over for speeding (First time in nearly 8 years) somewhere around Creston on Hwy 2 late last night on my trip back to MT from the wet side. Pistol OC on hip, no questions, no CPL demand. He was nice and I was nice, did not answer any questions and I was on my way in under 10 minutes without a ticket.

I also open carried in numerous gas stations, rest stops, restaurants during the trip here and back. No problems anywhere along the way. Had a nice conversation with a lady behind the counter at Coulee City gas station.

Getting pulled over by a Peace Officer these days is a rarity. They are few and far between.

Jeff Hayes

I CC in Spokane everytime I go to Spokane, it is a full frame 45, so most of the time it is not very CC'd. I am reading this thread with interest, might start OC, I just don't know how I would react to a Terry type stop, I know the law, and I know my rights. Just not sure I would articulate it in a calm manner. Has anyone been stopped and questioned down town?

Your not likely to be bothered in Spokane but you never know. Keep in mind that a Cop or anyone else for that matter can start a consensual conversation with you. Having said that I have never been approached by LE in the 4 years I have OCed.

hermannr

Your not likely to be bothered in Spokane but you never know. Keep in mind that a Cop or anyone else for that matter can start a consensual conversation with you. Having said that I have never been approached by LE in the 4 years I have OCed.

I have OC'd since 1970. I have had 3 conversations with LE. First one in about 1985+/-, lasted two words. Next was about 8 years ago, I was asked when I was going to join the local gun club, laast one was last year in Skagit county. Deputy wanted to know what I was carrying, then we talked guns for a few minutes..he had to get back to checking boats/boaters at the Clear Lake boat ramp. Average, less than one every 10 years.

DamonK

I've been carrying OC and concealed(when at the hospital) over here in spokane for the last couple days. I'm in town for my grandmother's heart surgery. All went well and I'll be headed home tomorrow some time with the folks(so I can spell Dad on the driving). On a side note, both of my folks are planning to start carrying, openly no less! And just to make things even more fantastic for out cause, my Mom is in a wheelchair. And she wants a Taurus Judge! Ha, how great is that? Anyways, I've enjoyed carrying over here, can't wait to get myself moved over here one of these days.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Hayes

I've been carrying OC and concealed(when at the hospital) over here in spokane for the last couple days. I'm in town for my grandmother's heart surgery. All went well and I'll be headed home tomorrow some time with the folks(so I can spell Dad on the driving). On a side note, both of my folks are planning to start carrying, openly no less! And just to make things even more fantastic for out cause, my Mom is in a wheelchair. And she wants a Taurus Judge! Ha, how great is that? Anyways, I've enjoyed carrying over here, can't wait to get myself moved over here one of these days.

Glad everything turned out well. OC is pretty non eventful on the dry side. Let us know when you will be back over this way and we will have a meet. drive safe.

BobR

The weather is nicer, time to update the thread. In the last month or so, Hu Hot in the valley, no issues, Olive Garden downtown, no issues, Black Angus in the valley, no issues.

Today, Lowes in the valley, O'Reillys, NAPA, WalMart, Taco Bell in Airway Heights, truck stop at I-90 and 902, no issues. Starting to sound like a stuck record, which is a good thing. :)

bob

Jeff Hayes

The weather is nicer, time to update the thread. In the last month or so, Hu Hot in the valley, no issues, Olive Garden downtown, no issues, Black Angus in the valley, no issues.

Today, Lowes in the valley, O'Reillys, NAPA, WalMart, Taco Bell in Airway Heights, truck stop at I-90 and 902, no issues. Starting to sound like a stuck record, which is a good thing. :)

bob

Wait just a minute I had issues at the Olive Garden downtown when I was there with you and our SWMBO's, I had to pay to park.

last couple of weeks Starbucks several locations, Fox trailers State line, Skyway Cafe, The Onion, Fred Meyer, Columbia Bank, Rodda Paint, Subway, Home Depot, Oxarc, Holiday gas, Mr. Wok and various and sundry points between Spokane and Snomomish WA. Stuck record as well nothing happened anywhere I went.

Thor80

On the warmest day this year I ventured out T-shirt only today. (No jacket/heavy sweater to cover the carry.) Stopped by United Recycling on Trent just west of Evergreen. Chatted with the owner about possibly recycling an old (43 Allis Chalmers) tractor that I'm not going to sink anymore money into, recycled an old car battery and some copper ground wire. No issues there, owner seems like a really nice guy.

Petco at Sullivan/Sprague to pick up a Leopard Gecko and some Gecko related supplies for my son's 9th Birthday. They were a bit short handed because apparently people call in sick on the first day of the year it hits 70 outside. But service I got was great, was checked out by the manager again seemed like a very nice fellow.

Got my 3 year old some Chocolate Milk at the Ziptrip at Trent/Progress. I don't expect and have never had any issues there since I've been going there for 7 years and know pretty much everyone that works there....

-Thor

Jeff Hayes

Home Depot, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Fred Meyer, Goodwill, Ace Hardware, RVs Northwest today, Tee shirt, 1911, no comments no hassles just another boring OC day in Eastern Washington just as it should be.

EMNofSeattle

Since stateline, ID is simply a retail district for Eastern Washinton i'll place this here.

gassed up at a "loves" gas station in Stateline Idaho about one mile from the border, carrying my model 10 on my left hip (i'm left handed) tanked up the car, came back for change, and the clerk couldn't give me change because i forgot to hang up the gas handle (doh!) went to Cabela's, the guy at the firearm check in counter asked my if i was carrying or if i wanted to try holsters, told him I was carrying, he thanked me for OCing and I went into the store for lunch. some teenage looking kids asked me if i had a concealed carry permit, I explained no permit was nessecary for exposed carry, they seemed shocked, so I briefly explained that open carry is legal in idaho and told them to verify everything I told them by checking the ID statutes 18-33

had an elk burger and an order of fries then headed back to Washington, then it clicked once I realized I was almost back in Washington that I couldn't OC no more. so I stopped immediately, unloaded my revolver and cased it and put it in the back. (while still in the car, i was able to draw, unload, and case below the window line so no one saw it...)

no problems to speak of, hopefully next year I can actually bring a report of carrying on the Washington side of the spokane metro area!

Last edited:

DamonK

Since stateline, ID is simply a retail district for Eastern Washinton i'll place this here.

gassed up at a "loves" gas station in Stateline Idaho about one mile from the border, carrying my model 10 on my left hip (i'm left handed) tanked up the car, came back for change, and the clerk couldn't give me change because i forgot to hang up the gas handle (doh!) went to Cabela's, the guy at the firearm check in counter asked my if i was carrying or if i wanted to try holsters, told him I was carrying, he thanked me for OCing and I went into the store for lunch. some teenage looking kids asked me if i had a concealed carry permit, I explained no permit was nessecary for exposed carry, they seemed shocked, so I briefly explained that open carry is legal in idaho and told them to verify everything I told them by checking the ID statutes 18-33

had an elk burger and an order of fries then headed back to Washington, then it clicked once I realized I was almost back in Washington that I couldn't OC no more. so I stopped immediately, unloaded my revolver and cased it and put it in the back. (while still in the car, i was able to draw, unload, and case below the window line so no one saw it...)

no problems to speak of, hopefully next year I can actually bring a report of carrying on the Washington side of the spokane metro area!

You should probably specify your age so you don't confuse people.

sirtirithon

Open carried almost all weekend without issue. 1911 in a Serpa. Neighborhood playing with my kids, Shadle Walmart, Shadle Safeway, Iller Creek trail and viewing downtown fireworks off Glass Street. Glad i had my pistol then there were a lot of weirdos there.