• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern WA OC Report

hermannr

Yep 20, so OC in Idaho is ok, but not in Washington.

That is only partly correct. Have you read RCW 9.41.060? There are several exemptions there that you may qualify for at times. Did you participate in any outdoor recreational activity while you were in Idaho? If so, you could have OC'd all the way there, and all the way back...legally...in WA.

EMNofSeattle

That is only partly correct. Have you read RCW 9.41.060? There are several exemptions there that you may qualify for at times. Did you participate in any outdoor recreational activity while you were in Idaho? If so, you could have OC'd all the way there, and all the way back...legally...in WA.

I know .060 I use it when hiking in the state forest, usually concealing a Glock 19 or open carrying my model 10.

I've never tried to use the "traveling to and from" provision. I'm close enough to 21 I'm not going to risk it

hermannr

I know .060 I use it when hiking in the state forest, usually concealing a Glock 19 or open carrying my model 10.

I've never tried to use the "traveling to and from" provision. I'm close enough to 21 I'm not going to risk it

The exemption is there for a reason, use it or lose, all of it.

twoclones

Kennewick, WA

I work at home [chainsaw carver / wood sculptor] so most of my trips off the property are for saw supplies, or wood sealing supplies. At home/work I always carry open and have had only one visitor / customer mention it. He'd been a cop in California....

Going to the gas station, Ace Hardware, or cash machine at Bank of America have all been without incident.

Strangely, the neighbors have all mentioned at one time or another that 'something' had happened and they were glad to see I was at home in case they needed help. I always remind them that I don't have a cape or a badge but they're welcome to come over if it makes them comfortable.

Jeff Hayes

Good and bad today

I went to the gun show this morning on the Harley to pass out I 591 petitions. On the way home on Division St, main drag in Spokane, a guy in one of those cube cars started yelling at me to cover that thing up I simply turned and looked at him gave him a big smile this went on for several blocks and honestly was making me a little nervous because I was on the Harley. I finally got a opening and got a bit ahead of him and he turned off on a side street, I was glad to see him go.

After the idiot on Division I stopped at Home Depot to get some deer repellent for my wife. As I was checking out at the self checkout the attendant came over and asked what caliber my 1911 was I said its a .45. She proceeded for about 5 minutes to tell me that she had just shot a 44 mag a few days ago and did not want to shoot one again because of the recoil. Keep in mind that this nice lady appeared to be in her late sixty's and might have weighed 110 lbs. I was impressed that she knew that 1911s came in different calibers along with the fact that she was not screaming at me to cover it up.

Funny not an ounce of worry from a very petite lady and at least ten pounds of BS out of a full grown man, I guess ya just never know.

country.hacker

OCd through Spokane Thursday while carrying our 7 week old son. Target, Babies "R" Us, and Northtown mall, as usual with no problems or confrontations. My wife posted this on her various Facebook and Tumblr profiles (not even mentioning the gun, just oohing over the baby) and got several excited, positive remarks on the OC.

Just doin' my part!

Attachments

• 935936_10152642951564041_838920268_n.jpg
    935936_10152642951564041_838920268_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 114

GreatWhiteLlama

OCd through Spokane Thursday while carrying our 7 week old son. Target, Babies "R" Us, and Northtown mall, as usual with no problems or confrontations. My wife posted this on her various Facebook and Tumblr profiles (not even mentioning the gun, just oohing over the baby) and got several excited, positive remarks on the OC.

Just doin' my part!

Glad to know that I'm not the only person to OC while rock'n the Moby. :)

BobR

Tonight it was a gyro, baklava, and huckleberry ice cream for dinner. Yep, Pig out in the Park. Uneventful, as usual.

bob

brad98801

Got my nieces friend out of a fight over this passed weekend in the Albertsons/Taco bell parking lot OC'ed in front of county sheriffs and city PD fight was taken care of and no issues for me.

Thor80

Finally crawled out of my cave other than most work, been a busy summer.... Getting ready for a Salmon trip by Vernita Bridge this weekend was at Valley White Elephant for an hour, AutoZone far valley for a few and Valley WalMart for just over an hour... You guessed it, no problems at all.... Crossing my fingers for some nice Salmon this weekend! Carry on!

-Thor

Tidalwave

Unicorn

Saw a Unicorn today at the Spokane 31st and Regal Les Schwabs around 10am. Was going to chat but was with my boss, who is an anti-gun person, and I didn't want to interrupt said unicorn and the Gal he was with.

MattinWA

Was at the Spokane valley Walmart this evening, open carrying. Had a man come up to me. Conversation went, as best as I can remember, as follows...
Him: "Hey, do you get a bunch of crap for that around here?" nodded to my pistol
Me "no, not really, Spokane is pretty mellow place for OC."
Him: "well good for you" then went on to say how it's good to express, I kinda forgot exactly.
Me. "do you open carry ever?"
Him: " no, I carry w permit"

The tone of the conversation was positive, almost admirable I would say

As Uneventful, short, and unexpected as it was, I felt I would post it because it was a rare time when my pistol was mentioned verbally to me in a public setting.

Once a clerk at a gas station asked of I was a cop.
Once I was asked to leave olive garden.

Ah noW I remember why I wanted to post, it was the first positive OC comment I think I have received from a stranger!

bennie1986

Made a quick beer run to Albertsons on 57th and I turned around to a guy taking a picture of me because I was carrying. He gave me a thumbs up and said that's awesome. Defiantly a first for me lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdus

Yakima/Union Gap/Toppenish

At the end of last summer, my wife and I took a weekend trip over to Yakima/Union Gap. No problems while milling around those two towns, including the hotel, restaurants, and the old trolley (which we both got to drive).

After arriving, we decided to go to Toppenish (about 10 miles south of Yakima/Union Gap) for half a day, too. We ate at a Mexican restaurant, visited the train museum, and tooled around town looking for all the murals to photograph. I noticed a cop patrolling the streets a low speeds. Later, while I was standing out in the middle of a side street photographing a mural, he putted by and waved. I'll never forget his friendliness. While Tacoma cops respect my rights, they're not that friendly, in general.

By the way, if you're ever in Union Gap (Yakima), visit the Central Washington Agricultural Museum. It's a big outdoor "museum" full of old tractors and other machinery. Very cool!

BobR

Bumping this one up. After all, it is prime t-shirt weather. ;)

Northtown square, Riverfront park, the new park by the river, Rock City. All uneventful, as usual.

bob

Jeff Hayes

Bumping this one up. After all, it is prime t-shirt weather. ;)

Northtown square, Riverfront park, the new park by the river, Rock City. All uneventful, as usual.

bob

The manager at the gas station said hi there where ya been, everyone at the grocery store ignored me except the cashier, she wanted money, the feed store people were as rude as the people in the grocery store and the auto parts guy said next how can I help you. This all happened yesterday in and around Spokane, I am not sure what I am doing wrong my pistol must not be big enough.

40grit

Positive night

I stopped by Senior Froggy's on Division and Baldwin Ave. A female customer with her gentlmen friend behind ask what kind of gun i was carrying. Then thanked me for carrying and said it was odd but she felt safer knowing i was in there, All around a very positive night for open carrying

EtdBob

Well lets see - Not much new on my part. As usual I have been open carrying either a cowboy six-shooter or a much lighter Glock!

On the positive side a feller thanked me "for carrying" at the Yokes supermarket in Deer Park.

On the negative side I was having a bite with my wife downtown at the Main Market Co-op, when an elderly couple sat down at a near by table. The old dude spotted the '61 Colt Navy I was wearing on my gun belt. I didn't pay him any mind or make eye contact ( was keeping my attention on my food, I was ravenous! ) But before very long they got up and went away. Apparently decided to eat elsewhere. I'm not aware of having scared anyone before this, but my wife says she can sometimes see that kinda reaction in others, especially when I wear a conspicuous cowboy rig. Less so when I wear a black Glock. Go figure -

On the in-between side yesterday I met a Canadian on the Inchelium / Gifford ferry. We talked about open carry, then he asked me if he could take my picture.
Back to Calgary he went on his BMW motorcycle, with tales of those gun-packing Americans...