• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good experience OCing in car yesterday afternoon

feeldasteel

So Im driving across Dorsey yesterday, I come up to the 4 way stop at the bread store on Greenbag road and there was an accident (a lady drove up on the bank, pretty amazing feat!). as I get to the light there were two county police officers there, and one walks up, looks in my passenger window and says, "can you back up about 15 feet to make room for cars to get by?" I said sure. then he looks down, sees my .40 sitting on my seat, looks at me and says..."AHH! Open Carry....Good man!"..Didnt get his name, but that answered some questions I had....so I am happy. Apparently the passenger seat is good to go on OC in a vehicle. My first interaction with a police officer during OC and it was a good experience, no guns drawn on me or anything of the sort! Way to train your guys Mon County!

Mykal_

Good deal. Glad that went smoothly. I place mine in between the passenger seat and console in my Cherokee (holstered) sticking way up most of the time. Sometimes on short trips Ill keep it on my side.

Im still waiting on the Lt from Westover to call me back and clarify OC in a vehicle. I wonder if he ever will.

feeldasteel

Good deal. Glad that went smoothly. I place mine in between the passenger seat and console in my Cherokee (holstered) sticking way up most of the time. Sometimes on short trips Ill keep it on my side.

Im still waiting on the Lt from Westover to call me back and clarify OC in a vehicle. I wonder if he ever will.

yeah i was very happy after that little run in. it answered alot of questions I had. Im thinking about calling the State Police for a little more clarification on the matter though. Im sure depending on who the officer was it could have went in an entirely different direction. who knows.....I really think they need to put something more concrete on the books.

feeldasteel

where is it if you have to slam on your brakes or in an accident?

Am I never supposed to carry anything in my car for fear of being in an accident?? What do you do with a jar of spaghetti sauce you get from the store?? do you strap it down?? I am very concious of my weapon when it is in my car, If I have to hit my brakes quick, my hand automatically moves to my weapon. Im not worried about it too much, the worst that happens is it hits my dash and goes on the floor. And i never carry it in the car chambered...Im a big boy, I can handle it.