Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article on New Gun Purchases by State - Where is your State?

Article on New Gun Purchases by State - Where is your State?

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet, but it shows some interesting trends if the numbers are correct. From some of the comments like from TX the numbers may be too low. KY numbers are more than 1 new gun for every person including kids...

http://tinyurl.com/2asbbdv

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...the-most-guns/

http://tinyurl.com/26tuqpm

The more out there, the more potential OC.
    Last edited by jskp229; 08-05-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added additional link...

What???

The 'wild west' state of Arizona is number 41?

We need to buy more guns!!!

Of course, that list only counts guns bought through FFLs, not private sales like the ones I've bought.

OC here is so common that people barely notice that you're armed!

-MH

Banned
    Check out the time frame for the study. It reflects "The Obama Effect." Folks are buying guns before buying guns will get harder--or so they believe. States where folks already are well armed won't experience much of a bump as a result of electing a federal government that is not very gun-friendly.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Virginia #30 - sounds about right.

We've already got ours - now just pickin' up a few more.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

TN is only #11. I'm doing my best to make them #1

Right in the middle. We stand head and shoulders above the rest in averageness.

Cool

It wasn't until about 5 years ago I started acquiring weapons the would put me close to "on par" with what I think are necessary for, uh,,well just let me say they have larger magazine capacity than what I used to have.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Check out the time frame for the study. It reflects "The Obama Effect." Folks are buying guns before buying guns will get harder--or so they believe. States where folks already are well armed won't experience much of a bump as a result of electing a federal government that is not very gun-friendly.
    I still have more guns to get here in MI.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

AARRRGGG........my State of California is 44th, so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post

Of course, that list only counts guns bought through FFLs, not private sales like the ones I've bought.

-MH
    Also CCW holders do not go through NICS
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Awesome! My state is ranked in the top 5...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Cool

Proud to see Bama is in top ten. Keep on buying. You can never own too many. One may break during a gunfight. lol

MO is 15? outstanding!

i know i've done more than my part to make that happen.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by ExLipscombChief View Post
    Proud to see Bama is in top ten. Keep on buying. You can never own too many. One may break during a gunfight. lol
    I would if I could afford it. In the meantime, I have two, a new 9mm, and a die-hard .44 cal cap and ball black powder revolver!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Woo hoo Top 10!!!!

Kentucky probably cheated and counted all of Ted Nugents guns. How are us working folks supposed to keep up with that great ambassador of terror to the beltway.

Would like to see the break down of pistol, rifle, shotgun, and TYPE III's. That would be more useful as it shows being prepared for self defense from thugs, defense of home from local politics, or protection from Holders impending mayhem.

Is Hawaii last since you can't buy anything? They would need to sell almost 6 to pass DC.

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    I still have more guns to get here in MI.
    I got a free one yesterday!, My best friends parents are going into foster care and he gave me his #5 lee-enfield jungle carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by dukenukum View Post
    I got a free one yesterday!, My best friends parents are going into foster care and he gave me his #5 lee-enfield jungle carbine.

You mean the one you just registered on here? The correct grammer is "...going into foster care and LOST it in the jungle..." Please subtract this tragic loss from your gun count.

Can't wait to see if the shelf life powder works as good as those eco safe cans of carb cleaner do.

Wink

OMG!! My state is in the top 20. Yes, Connecticut that liberial bastern of the north east is at no.19 I am proud to help make it happen too!!!

Banned
    If you are going to correct someone's grammer, you might want to spell the word "grammar."

I may not be able to spell it, but I know it when I shoot it!

Still say you don't admit to buying guns on an open forum, the evil dictators are watching. Poor schmuck wrote me and got ensnared by my watch dogs. I am a marked man, hopefully with my own section to keep me under the watchful eyes of the cowardly overlords. Can't have anything to do with my latest congressional letters, they are simple yes or no answers about overthrowing dictators. Still haven't heard back from the Turkish embassy, next step is the UK's. I'm taking BHO's citizen of the world to a whole new level. Proudly on at least three watch lists, four if they admit to the Rand Paul list I had to join just in case.

I would have guessed Virginia would have been higher than #30. I've been thinking of getting a Ruger SP101 as a medicine cabinet gun; gonna do it today.

YES! Kentucky is number one. Woot!

Sorry got excited.

Kentucky does an NCIS check every month on every CCW holder, to make sure they are still legal.

"One stipulation: States are not completely consistent in reporting of NICS data. Some states use the system for background checks on purchases on the secondary market and others do not. As well, Kentucky implemented monthly NICS checks on concealed weapons, which has inflated its numbers."

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post

-MH
    We've already got our guns. Most of which we brought with us when we escaped to here. I've only bought 3 new guns in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dukenukum View Post
    SWEEEEEEEEET! Ruh-roh, it isn't registered ... OMG, someone, somewhere, sometime is going to be afraid, very afraid of your Lee-Enfield ... have you checked to see if it has the proper armory stamps? You can get an M1 Carbine booklet at most gun shows that will show the proper armory stamps for service weapons and the civilian release stamps that will provide a small amount of provenance for service weapons.

Just as an aside, I noticed the Auto Ordinance M1A1 Carbine I bought 4 years ago for $499 is now MSRP at $899 ... talk about increase in value Thank you Obama/Holder.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast