• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article on New Gun Purchases by State - Where is your State?

minuteman

Kentucky does an NCIS check every month on every CCW holder, to make sure they are still legal.

"One stipulation: States are not completely consistent in reporting of NICS data. Some states use the system for background checks on purchases on the secondary market and others do not. As well, Kentucky implemented monthly NICS checks on concealed weapons, which has inflated its numbers."

Sonora Rebel

The 'wild west' state of Arizona is number 41?

We need to buy more guns!!!

Of course, that list only counts guns bought through FFLs, not private sales like the ones I've bought.

OC here is so common that people barely notice that you're armed!

-MH

We've already got our guns. Most of which we brought with us when we escaped to here. I've only bought 3 new guns in the past 5 years.

okboomer

I got a free one yesterday!, My best friends parents are going into foster care and he gave me his #5 lee-enfield jungle carbine.

SWEEEEEEEEET! Ruh-roh, it isn't registered ... OMG, someone, somewhere, sometime is going to be afraid, very afraid of your Lee-Enfield ... have you checked to see if it has the proper armory stamps? :) You can get an M1 Carbine booklet at most gun shows that will show the proper armory stamps for service weapons and the civilian release stamps that will provide a small amount of provenance for service weapons.

Just as an aside, I noticed the Auto Ordinance M1A1 Carbine I bought 4 years ago for $499 is now MSRP at $899 ... talk about increase in value :D Thank you Obama/Holder.

eye95

Let me just remind everyone of this again:

This survey considers the period of time after President Obama was elected and the Dems strengthened their hold on Congress. It represents a reaction by those who were worried that guns would become harder to get. Of course, over that period, States were citizens were not already well-armed would show the greatest reaction in the form of buying guns.

This, in terms of gun-buying, is called The Obama Effect. Look it up.