• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article on New Gun Purchases by State - Where is your State?

jskp229

Last edited:

March Hare

What???

The 'wild west' state of Arizona is number 41?

We need to buy more guns!!!

Of course, that list only counts guns bought through FFLs, not private sales like the ones I've bought.

OC here is so common that people barely notice that you're armed!

-MH

eye95

Check out the time frame for the study. It reflects "The Obama Effect." Folks are buying guns before buying guns will get harder--or so they believe. States where folks already are well armed won't experience much of a bump as a result of electing a federal government that is not very gun-friendly.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Virginia #30 - sounds about right.

We've already got ours - now just pickin' up a few more. :D

KansasMustang

It wasn't until about 5 years ago I started acquiring weapons the would put me close to "on par" with what I think are necessary for, uh,,well just let me say they have larger magazine capacity than what I used to have.

Haman J.T.

Check out the time frame for the study. It reflects "The Obama Effect." Folks are buying guns before buying guns will get harder--or so they believe. States where folks already are well armed won't experience much of a bump as a result of electing a federal government that is not very gun-friendly.
I still have more guns to get here in MI.

SlackwareRobert

Woo hoo Top 10!!!!

Kentucky probably cheated and counted all of Ted Nugents guns. How are us working folks supposed to keep up with that great ambassador of terror to the beltway.

Would like to see the break down of pistol, rifle, shotgun, and TYPE III's. That would be more useful as it shows being prepared for self defense from thugs, defense of home from local politics, or protection from Holders impending mayhem.

Is Hawaii last since you can't buy anything? They would need to sell almost 6 to pass DC.

SlackwareRobert

I got a free one yesterday!, My best friends parents are going into foster care and he gave me his #5 lee-enfield jungle carbine.

You mean the one you just registered on here? The correct grammer is "...going into foster care and LOST it in the jungle..." Please subtract this tragic loss from your gun count.

Can't wait to see if the shelf life powder works as good as those eco safe cans of carb cleaner do.

KennyB

OMG!! My state is in the top 20. Yes, Connecticut that liberial bastern of the north east is at no.19 I am proud to help make it happen too!!! ;)

SlackwareRobert

I may not be able to spell it, but I know it when I shoot it!

Still say you don't admit to buying guns on an open forum, the evil dictators are watching. Poor schmuck wrote me and got ensnared by my watch dogs. I am a marked man, hopefully with my own section to keep me under the watchful eyes of the cowardly overlords. Can't have anything to do with my latest congressional letters, they are simple yes or no answers about overthrowing dictators. Still haven't heard back from the Turkish embassy, next step is the UK's. I'm taking BHO's citizen of the world to a whole new level. Proudly on at least three watch lists, four if they admit to the Rand Paul list I had to join just in case.