Thread: All in a day...

All in a day...

Today a technician came to install a new satellite TV system. After noticing I was carrying, his first words about it were " I guess you see gun control as using both hands". On and off, we had a some nice discussions. He left with a firm handshake and a WCI pamphlet.

On another note, yesterday I went to Gander Mt in Rothschild (Wausau) and carried. I had service people all over the place helping me find what I was looking for. Today I went back there and as an experiment did not carry. (I even dressed the same, and it was the same time of day.) I had to hunt for help. Maybe Big Brother IS really watching and that's what the greeter is for!

That sounds like some good experiences to me.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    an armed society is a polite society, even for the ones who aren't apparently.

Thumbs up

On another note, yesterday I went to Gander Mt in Rothschild (Wausau) and carried. I had service people all over the place helping me find what I was looking for. Today I went back there and as an experiment did not carry. (I even dressed the same, and it was the same time of day.) I had to hunt for help. Maybe Big Brother IS really watching and that's what the greeter is for![/QUOTE]

I also have notices since I started OC the customer service in a lot of stores has gotten better.

bhancock
    I had never even had so much as a greeting at Gander until one day I went in OC. I got smiles, hellos, can I help you. There I could see that they might feel you are a qualified customer if you come in with a firearm. But I also have noticed that most other places I go armed also provide a higher level of customer service and friendliness. I think it is because a person who is armed has accepted a higher level of responsibility for himself/herself and others. I would equate it somewhat to how the general population feel when the see someone in the armed forces, fire department or LEO. Even if they are somewhat intimidated at first, there is a certain comfort that comes when you are next to someone who can save/defend you.

Quote Originally Posted by bhancock View Post
    I had never even had so much as a greeting at Gander until one day I went in OC. I got smiles, hellos, can I help you. There I could see that they might feel you are a qualified customer if you come in with a firearm. But I also have noticed that most other places I go armed also provide a higher level of customer service and friendliness. I think it is because a person who is armed has accepted a higher level of responsibility for himself/herself and others. I would equate it somewhat to how the general population feel when the see someone in the armed forces, fire department or LEO. Even if they are somewhat intimidated at first, there is a certain comfort that comes when you are next to someone who can save/defend you.
    I have to politely disagree. There was a post on here some time ago about how Best Buy employees were trained to smother you when you came in carrying. I believe that is the new corporate tactic. They want you in and out as fast as possible so they will direct you to the product and off you go. I couldn't see Gander Mountain taking this approach but maybe I'll test it out this weekend. Just my .02.

McX
    CU- your post sounds suspiciously correct to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CUOfficer View Post
    ..... I believe that is the new corporate tactic. They want you in and out as fast as possible so they will direct you to the product and off you go.
    Well, that was my thought too. They know open carry is legal and they want your business, but they are nervous and maybe mistrusting, especially with "strangers". So for a business, that tactic is the best compromise.

I would like to agree with BHancock when he says
    I think it is because a person who is armed has accepted a higher level of responsibility for himself/herself and others.
    but I do have my doubts.