Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Center in Canton Mich

Guitar Center in Canton Mich

This was sent to me by a relative today. Thought I would pass it on. This is posted on the front door of Guitar Center in Canton Mich.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockmatized View Post
    This was sent to me by a relative today. Thought I would pass it on. This is posted on the front door of Guitar Center in Canton Mich.

Hey cowgirls then it will be a no spend zone!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Lol, wankers.

With the events of this past Tuesday's shootings at the beer distributor I strongly suggest that anyone that reads this thread fire off an email to GC's corporate offices.

Guitar Center, Inc.
    5795 Lindero Canyon Rd.
    Westlake Village, CA 91362 Map
    Phone: 818-735-8800
    Fax: 818-735-8822

I just got off the phone with the manager in Canton and the OFFENSIVE sign has been removed.

For anyone else that would like to "voice" their opinion the managers name is Andrew and the stores # is (734) 844-0600.

I also found that sign to be offensive, rude, and denigrating. Perhaps if I actually was a cowboy, I would think it was flattering??

Quote Originally Posted by warlockmatized View Post
    I just got off the phone with the manager in Canton and the OFFENSIVE sign has been removed.
    Are they replacing it with a less OFFENSIVE sign? Or is CC/OC no longer prohibited?
    Last edited by fozzy71; 08-05-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I also found that sign to be offensive, rude, and denigrating. Perhaps if I actually was a cowboy, I would think it was flattering??

Are they replacing it with a less OFFENSIVE sign? Or is CC/OC no longer prohibited?
    For now, the sign is down. One battle at a time. I am waiting on a call back. "tomorrow" was the quoted call back day/date. I have also fired off a very lengthy email to G.C. corporate offices to find out in fact what their exact policy is on firearms. As I find things out I will more than gladly share them with the group

I suggest others send email/call as well.

Don't know about you guys/gals, but the first thing I do when I grab my guitar is disarm. The nice scratch on the side of my vehicle taught me what that metal clip can do. The sign is a bit insulting, though. I've never been to a Guitar Center. Visited Elderly Instruments in Lansing and never felt I could want something they wouldn't have, though some of their prices are a bit higher.

If they have a no carry policy, that's fine with me, they can be added to the do not patronize list. MY issue was the offensive nature of their sign.

Carry anyway and tell them the sign doesn't apply to you because you're not a cowboy.

(Yes, it's a joke... the sign's gone.)

I bought a 1911 on those exact premises back when it was a sporting goods store 10+ years ago. Sad to know it would not be welcome back.

Has anybody else written an email to them or made a call to them?
    Last edited by warlockmatized; 08-06-2010 at 07:50 AM.

I should make a sign that says:

Hey Guitar Center!

I'll buy my music equipment somewhere else!

then tape it next to their sign.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by craigm View Post
    Carry anyway and tell them the sign doesn't apply to you because you're not a cowboy.

(Yes, it's a joke... the sign's gone.)
    Why is it a joke, the sign clearly is only addressing "cowboys"?

Must be an Anti working there, though, since they are the people always bringing up the "wild west analogy" whenever reducing firearm restrictions is discussed.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    They told me that it was because of a customer complaining about someone who was OCing irresponsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    They told me that it was because of a customer complaining about someone who was OCing irresponsibly.
    How was the customer OCing irresponsibly? I will bet the customer that complained was full of crap.

sounds like they need one of those "no self defense allowed" stickers.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    I should make a sign that says:

Hey Guitar Center!

I'll buy my music equipment somewhere else!

then tape it next to their sign.
    This reply is to tag line below your posts: in 1974 I was on a play ground with the other kids. In my defense I would frequently bring my "cork gun" to school for show & tell. This was in the days when the teacher didn't call the cops on a kid for bringing a toy to school. Nice to know Bailenforcer had our backs even back then.

Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 08-06-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: oops

Banned
    From what the employee said to me, it sounded like someone was trying to make a show out of his/her open carrying.

McX
    would that sign in question only apply to starfish carrying in a western style holster?

I used to live right across the street from there and OC all the time... lol... I find it likely that was put up because of me.

Received a call from them yesterday. According to the gentleman I spoke with on the phone the sign was removed during my initial phone call the day before and the overall issue has been escalated to the next level.

Banned
    Next level?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast