• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fireman with a gun and a Cop friend

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Yet another example of how if you have a certain type of job, the criminal justice system doesn't apply to you. You get this whole separate "internal investigation" process which throws down such punishments as written reprimands and paid time off. Yet another flagrant violation of the equal protection clause of the fourteenth amendment. Thank god our government works so well.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
In that article I see no indication that the "internal investigation" is the ONLY thing happening. It says nothing about whether the case was referred to the DA, nor does it indicate if charges have been dropped.

Sounds to me like this guy will possibly lose his job in addition to criminal penalties.

For the life of me I can't remember the PC section for brandishing, and my search skills are tired and a bit hung over... so I'm not certain, but I think brandishing is a misdemeanor. LEOs aren't allowed to arrest for misdemeanors unless it occurs in their presence; otherwise, they issue you a citation and release you. (There is an exception if they can't positively ID a criminal suspect.)