• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do You Like My New T-Shirt?

simmonsjoe

There is no 'now' to it.

Now theres taliban, jihadists and terrorists on this forum.
I've been here *******.
I've been to numerous OC dinners and events, I've shown my support for our rights by attending Board of Supervisors in many of the surrounding counties. I pass out Opencarry.org and Virginia Citizen Defense League fliers almost every day. I've attended lobby day, and have actually sat in the offices of my Junior and Senior representatives and talked about gun rights with them. I take the effort to make repeated calls to corporate offices attempting to further gun rights and acceptance. I try and help kick-start the Law Library section of the website. I don't just blog, I do.

You on the other hand can't even bother to read. Anyone who's ever read my posts about Islam with any kind of reading comprehension skills would never call me any of those things.

flagellum

I'm actually glad to see a Muslim on these boards. The more diverse the better IMHO.

I'm Mexican-American myself. There seems to be a conservative cliche that Muslims or "illegals"(which has become the generic term for all Mexicans) are the enemy of freedom and that we should resist their Plot to destroy the United States and everything it stands for.

gsx1138

No person, belief, or God is above criticism in my opinion. But along with that should come critical thought. I like the OP's shirt because it's a giant FU to our enemy.

I agree that we could always use more diversity on these boards. Yes, my opinion of Islam is biased. However, my hate for the religion has softened because of American muslims. They agree, the ones Ive' spoken to, that the quickest way to solve the extremist problem is to just kill them because they can't even get their own religion right so talking to them is pointless. But as with all things, if I deem it important at the time I'm more than willing to learn.

As for the Mexican comment, I have several friends who are Mexican that are far more vocal against illegal immigration than I am. Perhaps when trying to point out the bias of others you shouldn't expose your own without just admitting to it.

END_THE_FED

...your explaining islam to a muslim right?

A real muslim. Not someone who was born in a muslim country therefor they consider themselves muslim type of muslim.
Half of america that calls themselves christian are agnostic and almost never attend church.

Unfortunately your prejudicial exclamations are the same type of made up jibberish spouted off by so-called sheiks trying to perpetuate ignorance and hate in order to refill their ranks.

Try this little exercise for me.

• know better than you how you should live your life.

• want to force these beliefs on you.

• ignore individual liberties for the sake of the whole.

• use emotional rhetoric to further their goals.

• lie incessantly and pervert facts to meet their agenda.

• attempt to control the dissemination of information. (aka the media)

• feel that you are incapable of deciding for yourself.

so who am i talking about??
"progressive liberals" ... Yes
middle eastern extremest? ... Yes
are they just different iterations of the same sickness? ... Yes

the west vs middle east mentality has some benefits for extremest on both sides:

• distracts the populace from domestic issues
  • creates an atmosphere of fear
  • gives the populace a general outlet for their fears (the evil 'they')
  • encourages people to compromise in order to maintain solidarity against that evil 'they'.

if you think the fight against extremest is a west vs. Middle east thing your missing the other battle.

Don't be fooled. I'd quote jefferson again, but his most commonly relevant quote is already in my signature.

+1
People need to wake up and realize this, and fast, if there is to be any hope of saving the republic. The "war on terror" the "war on drugs" or whatever other "war" serves as a great excuse to expand the size and power of government.This of course always decreases individual liberty.
Also you give folks an "enemy" abroad they forget/ignore the enemies right here at home.

eye95

..."illegals"(which has become the generic term for all Mexicans)...

"Illegals" is a term for people who are in the country unlawfully, regardless of their country of origin. If you see someone using that term as a pejorative for "all Mexicans," I suggest you point out that behavior (I doubt you will be able to find it here), without casting a wide net over all who use the term.

It is only right that you should point out such individual bigoted behavior, just as I am pointing out yours.

eye95

It never ceases to amaze me how much more effort is put into defending Islam by "moderate" Muslims than is put into decrying the horrific actions of the extremIsts. The latter would go a lot further toward reducing Islam-bashing. The former smacks of ignoring the reason (justified or not) that there is so much bashing.

flagellum

As for the Mexican comment, I have several friends who are Mexican that are far more vocal against illegal immigration than I am. Perhaps when trying to point out the bias of others you shouldn't expose your own without just admitting to it.

I didn't present any stance on my feelings towards illegal immigration. I said that people are using the immigration issue to attempt to demonize an entire race/ethnicity/national origin. I know there is that one prick here on here that has the image of a Mexican flag on a toilet paper roll as his profile pic, that's that kind of stuff that I am talking about.

Last edited:

gsx1138

I didn't present any stance on my feelings towards illegal immigration. I said that people are using the immigration issue to attempt to demonize an entire race/ethnicity/national origin. I know there is that one prick here on here that has the image of a Mexican flag on a toilet paper roll as his profile pic, that's that kind of stuff that I am talking about.

While distasteful I believe that kind of avatar may be more an expression of frustration of the sh!thole that Mexico has become and it's spilling into our country. I wouldn't take that as having anything to do with individual Mexicans unless this poster has specifically made bigoted comments about law abiding Mexicans. If you are here legally then nothing said about someone here illegally should have anything to do with you.

But just like the shirt in the OP it seems like that kind of thing is more for shock value than anything. I've seen a few white supremacists on these boards get banned faster than anywhere else. We're pretty good at policing that kind of stuff. Hell, one guy used some code for the Aryan brotherhood (I thought it was just a typo) and he was banned in less than a couple of hours.

With the free exchange of ideas and opinions the internet is still not for the meek (not saying that you are).

sudden valley gunner

Im not pro crusades but what makes me laugh is the crusades the Islamic/Muslim world had is overlooked, they were just as evil. Jerusalem was a hebrew/jewish city, captured by Muslims, Muslims also ran rampant through northern Africa destroying African cities and Universities and much of African civilization. Prior to the crusades muslim/arabic armies were intent on conquering and forceabley converting as much of the world as possible (a mission many muslims still believe in). Invading Persia,Turkey, Armenia, Libya,Tripoli, Israel, Afghanistan, Sicily, Spain etc. and they weren't benevolent rulers.

Does not mean two wrongs make a right.

simmonsjoe

Because

It never ceases to amaze me how much more effort is put into defending Islam by "moderate" Muslims than is put into decrying the horrific actions of the extremIsts. The latter would go a lot further toward reducing Islam-bashing. The former smacks of ignoring the reason (justified or not) that there is so much bashing.
There isn't some so-called 'Jihadist' talking **** on the board. Otherwise I'd rip into him as well. Also most real Muslim consider them about as Muslim as we in America consider the KKK Christian.

As GSX1138 has pointed out, most Muslims have given up trying to talk to extremest.

I'm an American. I was born here. My primary concerns are the same as most Americans, domestic.

Denouncing the extremest in a large scale is pointlessly inflammatory. Once people are that far into their own delusions there is no reaching them.

If you really want my insight on how to end the war. Well, there are two pieces. We are already doing the second part. That is fighting the extremest. Unfortunately it is like playing whack-a-mole because their ranks are refreshed so quickly. That is where the neglected first part comes in.

Recruitment. Remember al-quada and the like only wear a mask of islam. Their real skill comes in adopting the disenfranchised and dejected. You probably didn't know this but they recruit so widely that they even have grievance lists towards some European labor unions. Yes. Thats right. Not getting your fair wages? Not enough vacation time? BLOW **** UP!

So yea, recruitment needs to be curtailed. How do you do this? well, compassion is a good start. Not at the extremest obviously, but at their recruitment base. Don't give the recruiters an evil 'they' to point at. When you wear a shirt as ignorant as the pork eating crusader infidel shirts, your making the recruiters job much much easier. When you group extremest and their victims the same, you make the recruiters job easier. When you talk about human rights and ignore the crimes your allies perpetrate that are completely outside of your own value system, you make the recruiters job easier.

So, when I try and explain the truth about Islam to my fellow Americans, when I can convince someone not to wear Infidel gear, or pork eating cruisader gear, or even if I can just get them to stop judging extremest and acts of terror as 'Muslim actions,' I am fighting the good fight. When I defend real Islam, and try to spread truth, I am doing something that will actually have a positive impact. I'm making it harder for the recruiters to do thier part.

As with most religious endeavors, spreading compassion is the tool of the righteous.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

While distasteful I believe that kind of avatar may be more an expression of frustration of the sh!thole that Mexico has become and it's spilling into our country. I wouldn't take that as having anything to do with individual Mexicans unless this poster has specifically made bigoted comments about law abiding Mexicans. If you are here legally then nothing said about someone here illegally should have anything to do with you.

But just like the shirt in the OP it seems like that kind of thing is more for shock value than anything. I've seen a few white supremacists on these boards get banned faster than anywhere else. We're pretty good at policing that kind of stuff. Hell, one guy used some code for the Aryan brotherhood (I thought it was just a typo) and he was banned in less than a couple of hours.

With the free exchange of ideas and opinions the internet is still not for the meek (not saying that you are).

ok so im curious and i gotta ask. What is this "code" that was used that means Arayan Brotherhood? I have been trying to think of what it could be and cant think of anything.
feel free to PM me if you feel its more appropriate. the fact that you thought it was a typo tells me that it wasnt a pic or a symbol but was just simple text.

trooper46

Christian terrorists?

Oh lets see.....Christian terrorists........Oh I know.The KKK,The Aryan Nation, Eric Rudolph, Timothy Mcbey and number of "Christian" pro-life extremists have all used religion and other various excuses to murder law abiding citizens and advocate the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government. This is just a tiny list of examples.

Oh, and have you ever heard of group called Hutaree....a Christian militia group in northern Ohio and souther Michigan that was recently rounded up for plotting to murder police, emergency responders, and ATF agents and bomb the funerals as part of grand scheme to overthrow the U.S government?

No...we don't like to talk about these groups. They're not terrorists...they're just crazy people. Only Muslims are are the terrorists. And your gonna imply that there are no Christian terrorist groups. Sorry, I'm NOT buying.

Its people spouting this garbage about Muslims that will cause us to lose the war on terror. How are we supposed to be winning the hearts and minds while not giving true (peaceful) Muslims the same respect? I support your right to say what you want, but consider this. The more fuel you give to the extremists ...the more damage you do to the mission of our soldiers. I'm imagine the Taliban would love to and do portray Americans as crusaders in their little videos.

Take a world history class and think before you throw on some nasty symbol of which you only know a third of the meaning.

ODA 226

...Your explaining Islam to a Muslim right?

Nope. Didn't know and don't care. Religion has nothing to do with my statements. Three years of experience in Iraq and the Middle East has everything to do with it. Hate and racism is RAMPANT there. Nothing personal against you Joe, so please don't take it that way. It is what it is.

As a Muslim, you must know what the word KAFIR means. I was called this at least once everyday for three years while in theater and even while I was on vacation in Dubai and Kuwait City. Just in case you don't know the term, here is the translation from Wikipedia:

Kafir (Arabic: كافر kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār) is a term used in a Islamic doctrinal sense, usually translated as "unbeliever" or "disbeliever", or sometimes "infidel". The term refers to a person who rejects God or who hides, denies, or "covers" the truth. The Quran also uses the word for Muslims; in Sura 2 Verse 256, it asks them to take upon themselves the action of "Kofr" of all unjust idols, persons or powers.
In recent times, the Arabic term used as a loanword in English is seen as derogatory, which is why some Muslim scholars discourage its use and suggest the term "non-Muslim" instead.[1]

The word kaffir, sometimes spelled kaffer or kafir, is an offensive term for a black person, most common in South Africa and other African countries. Generally considered a racial or ethnic slur in modern usage, it was previously a neutral term for black southern African people.
The original meaning of the word is 'heathen', 'unbeliever' or 'infidel', from the Arabic 'kafir' and is still being used with this meaning by Muslims.[1] The Arabic term Kafir (arab كافر) is, however, also applied to simply anyone who is not a Muslim. Portuguese explorers used the term generally to describe tribes they encountered in southern Africa, probably having misunderstood its etymology from Muslim traders along the coast. European colonists subsequently continued its use.[2] Although it was in wide use between the 16th and 19th centuries, and not generally seen as an offensive term, as racial tensions increased in 20th century South Africa and the surrounding countries, it became a term of abuse.
The word was used in English, Dutch and, later, Afrikaans, from the 16th century to the early 20th century as a general term for several different peoples of southern Africa. In Portuguese the equivalent cafre was used.
In South Africa today, the term is used both as an insult, and by some, as a common word for a black person. In any case, the term is regarded by most as derogatory (in the same way as "nigger" in other countries). Use of the word has been actionable in South African courts since at least 1976 under the offense of crimen injuria: "the unlawful, intentional and serious violation of the dignity of another".[3]

Last edited:

gsx1138

ok so im curious and i gotta ask. What is this "code" that was used that means Arayan Brotherhood? I have been trying to think of what it could be and cant think of anything.
feel free to PM me if you feel its more appropriate. the fact that you thought it was a typo tells me that it wasnt a pic or a symbol but was just simple text.

Sorry dude, I can't remember. It was so nondescript that I totally overlooked it. It wasn't until after some other folks jumped on and verbally raped the poster for even coming here that I took notice. Something 88.

VFORVENDETTA

Sheeple

All religions are terrorists/brainwashers of sheeple, that how they expand and conquer.

Simmonsjoe.. you seem to be getting very angry....i just inserted you in the "watch" list. We don't need a car bombing of ocdo.

And most mexicans that are in the usa that were born here are decendents of illegals. That will be changed very soon.:banana: