• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet Up After or Before the Gun Show On Saturday, August 18?

neuroblades

OK, we've tried this idea before a few times with limited success. *LOL* This is just to pitch the idea and see if anyone's up for either a pre-gun show breakfast meeting or a post-gun show dinner somewhere.

So, anyone else interested? I'm not familiar with that many places in the Lexington area so if someone in that region would like to take the ball and run with it that knows the restaurant situation in the area, please chime in here.

the last time we tried this was after the last Lexington gun show, we tried Golden Corral with no luck, though some of us did make it there, we were not able to link up inside. :(

EDITED: The gun show is NOT August 18th. It is September 18th! Sorry about that folks. *LOL*

Last edited:

flb_78

I would be, but it depends on my schedule, assuming I find work by then.

I'd also be interested in going to Bud's Gun Shop as well.

neuroblades

I agree that setting the time till after the gun show isn't a great idea for the aforementioned reasons. So, IF we do this, it needs to be in the AM. Anyone want to throw out a time and place so we can discuss it? The date would of course be September 18th.

I'm not personally that familiar with the Lexington area save New Circle so I don't know all the restaurants in that area. I know the last time we tried Golden Corral AFTER the gun show and while some of us made it, we weren't able to locate each other once there and it was a chaotic day there. *LOL*

Whatever place we look at for this outing needs to be a good breakfast place. I'll put Golden Corral's name in the ring for discussion since they do have a big buffet and the value factor is good. Anyone else have ideas? This would of course be an OC breakfast meeting, or CC if they'd like.

Well, let's see if this flag flies. *LOL*

Last edited:

flb_78

It's hard to beat Cracker Barrel's breakfast, but I don't even know where the gun show is going to be so it may be on the other side of Lexington.

Once again, it depends on my work schedule.

neuroblades

It's hard to beat Cracker Barrel's breakfast, but I don't even know where the gun show is going to be so it may be on the other side of Lexington.

Once again, it depends on my work schedule.

Here's there the gun show's being held:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=L...8.049227&longitude=-84.501012&geocode=ADDRESS

This is on the other side of Rupp Arena. It is OC/CC, be aware that you CAN NOT carry loaded though. ALL WEAPONS have to be checked before entering the venue. You can have an empty clip in your sidearm thought. You sidearm will be "zip tied"! Just so you know ahead of time not to carry a loaded weapon or clip.

Last edited:

neuroblades

Well, we have two places on the table at the moment. Golden Corral & Cracker Barrel. I agree with a previous statement that it needs to be in the morning prior to the gun show though so everyone has a set time. As best I know, the gun show starts at 8 a.m.

Golden Corral doesn't open till 7 or 7:30 a.m.
Cracker Barrel opens at 6 a.m. so this bodes well for them. *LOL*

So the information's on the table, someone local needs to pick the location though, I'm not local and have no idea where the Cracker Barrel restaurants are in Lexington.

Someone local call the ball, those of us that can make it will follow the lead.

Last edited:

flb_78

What about a lunch meet up?

Im over an hour away, so for a breakfast meetup at 7am, I would have to be on the road before 6am and that's probably not going to happen.

A lunch meet up would allow those who want to go to the show and snag up all the bargains and allow those of us who just like to walk around the shows and look at items that aren't usually available in our local shops.

flb_78

What about a lunch meet up?

Im over an hour away, so for a breakfast meetup at 7am, I would have to be on the road before 6am and that's probably not going to happen.

A lunch meet up would allow those who want to go to the show and snag up all the bargains and allow those of us who just like to walk around the shows and look at items that aren't usually available in our local shops.

Any interest? I may make the drive up to Lexington this weekend.