Thread: OCing with your children, public reactions?

Mukilteo, Washington, USA

OCing with your children, public reactions?

I've noticed that I never get approached or questioned period when OCing while I'm out with my kids. On the other hand people comment (usually very approvingly) quite often when I OC alone.

What are other OCers experiencing while OC with their children?

1911 before dialing 911.

Federal Way, Washington, USA

I have two teenage daughters....

and I have never had any issues, with or without them.
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Chandler, OK
    I have 3 daughters and have never had any problems with or without them around.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Never a prob. With or without.

Anywhere but here.
    I actually make it a point to oc when I'm out with my wife and 4 year old girl. I think it shows the less informed that we are normal people with families. This particular method in my opinion can go a long way toward showing people the truth about oc. We actually discussed this at the L.O.C.A.L. meeting last night. I've never been questioned or had problems with the family.

South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Can't comment on carry with kids, but 99% of the time when I'm OCing I'm with my wife, and like someone else says I get little to no reaction of any sort. The few interactions I have had, I've nearly always been alone, and usually positive. Tho someone did call the sheriff on me once,
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Spokane, Washington, USA
    Never really though about it until now but I have to say I rarely get a comment when im with the wife and kid. Most comments do happen while im alone. All three times Ive had encounters with LEO at manito park in spokane i have had my family with me.

In My Coffee
    I have four kids so I think people notice the kids more than my sidearm. I have not had any issues. You never know though, but even going to places like PCC I have had no issues.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

NW Washington, Washington, USA
    I OC with my grandkids (now 5 & 7) and have never had any comments, but I've never had a comment when I'm alone either.