• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing with your children, public reactions?

badger

I've noticed that I never get approached or questioned period when OCing while I'm out with my kids. On the other hand people comment (usually very approvingly) quite often when I OC alone.

What are other OCers experiencing while OC with their children?

-Badger

NRAMARINE

I actually make it a point to oc when I'm out with my wife and 4 year old girl. I think it shows the less informed that we are normal people with families. This particular method in my opinion can go a long way toward showing people the truth about oc. We actually discussed this at the L.O.C.A.L. meeting last night. I've never been questioned or had problems with the family.

Metalhead47

Can't comment on carry with kids, but 99% of the time when I'm OCing I'm with my wife, and like someone else says I get little to no reaction of any sort. The few interactions I have had, I've nearly always been alone, and usually positive. Tho someone did call the sheriff on me once, :monkey

bennie1986

Never really though about it until now but I have to say I rarely get a comment when im with the wife and kid. Most comments do happen while im alone. All three times Ive had encounters with LEO at manito park in spokane i have had my family with me.

Beretta92FSLady

I have four kids so I think people notice the kids more than my sidearm. I have not had any issues. You never know though, but even going to places like PCC I have had no issues.