Thread: Pro-Gun Grassroots Groups Taking the Lead in Gun Rights Fight, ABC Nightline

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Pro-Gun Grassroots Groups Taking the Lead in Gun Rights Fight, ABC Nightline

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/open...1313221&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCERPT
    Small, focused, pro-gun, grassroots groups like Belanger's believe the enormous organization [NRA] has become too bureaucratic and conservative to focus on their local issues, such as fighting for more open-carry laws.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 08-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.

I honestly don't understand why the anti-gun crowd doesn't want to admit to the facts:

0) The Constitution clearly spells out our right to keep and bear arms with no stated limitations. Age, gender, cruiminal history, type of weapon, purpose of weapon - it doesn't matter. Evry American was born with this right, and it cannot be infringed.

1) Gun laws and carry restrictions don't hurt anyone but law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by their very nature, abhor and ignore any law that might be on the books, especially if that law puts them at a tactical disadvantage. Given this fact, it is pointless to say convicted felons are prohibited from possessing a firearm.

2) No government - from city to federal - is legally allowed to regulate HOW weapons are carried.

3) Limits on magazine capacity are pointless. The fact that you can't buy some pistols in some states because they hold X number of rounds is beyond absurd. A pistol can deliver with seven or 17 rounds - it doesn't matter.

The Brady Campaign was born as a result of a deranged person illegally (?) concealed carrying a pistol. Guess what, he knew it was illegal, and he did it anyway. FACT - local laws did not protect Mr. Brady, and they won't protect any other law-abiding citizen that is unable to defend himself.

One day, it will be illegal to carry a pocket comb...

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post

One day, it will be illegal to carry a pocket comb...
    Hey, those things are dangerous!!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    I graduated HS in '66. Rat-tail combs were favored by the local gangs for maintaining their DA hairstyles and as readily available makeshift weapons. The school would confiscate them.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Good find Doug.

This made me laugh that the NRA refused to comment after several attempts to get them too.

Progun groups like NRA and SAF have not been very supportive of recognizing our full right to bear arms, and lately when they do it is because they are forced too by 'grass roots' folks. I think that us the ones without money and huge political clout are the new 800 pound gorilla in the room no correct that we are the band of 800 pound gorillas, we don't want compromise and political games we want what is our unalienable right.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Good find Doug.

This made me laugh that the NRA refused to comment after several attempts to get them too.

Progun groups like NRA and SAF have not been very supportive of recognizing our full right to bear arms, and lately when they do it is because they are forced too by 'grass roots' folks. I think that us the ones without money and huge political clout are the new 800 pound gorilla in the room no correct that we are the band of 800 pound gorillas, we don't want compromise and political games we want what is our unalienable right.
    The NRA is beginning to make mention of open carrying and the movement across the nation to see this as an option to those who chose to carry. I think they understand that there are quite a lot of us out there and many are NRA members who expect this premiere association to support them. After all, money and membership numbers talk and I doubt the NRA wants to be left out in the cold or worse; alienate a segment of gun owners.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

We at OCDO are making an impact as a grassroots organization. The following link shows what we are working on here in Michigan:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Beats-and-Eats

Banned
    The NRA, SAF, GOA, and most other State based "pro-gun" organizations want nothing to do with open carry.
    For example I have a lawsuit against the State of Tennessee. SAF, GOA, and the NRA have refused to speak with me. They refuse to post about it on any of their sites. The TFA, which is the Tennessee firearms association banned me and there are no posts about the subject.
    My lawsuit is huge for the right to carry in Tennessee and has been a story in major newspapers.
    What is the point of firearm organizations if they do not acknowledge what is truly happening in this country?
    They remind me of the see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil, do no evil monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    The NRA, SAF, GOA, and most other State based "pro-gun" organizations want nothing to do with open carry.
    For example I have a lawsuit against the State of Tennessee. SAF, GOA, and the NRA have refused to speak with me. They refuse to post about it on any of their sites. The TFA, which is the Tennessee firearms association banned me and there are no posts about the subject.
    My lawsuit is huge for the right to carry in Tennessee and has been a story in major newspapers.
    What is the point of firearm organizations if they do not acknowledge what is truly happening in this country?
    They remind me of the see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil, do no evil monkeys.
    This!

kwikrnu's lack of support

has little to do with his lawsuit.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c