• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Gun Grassroots Groups Taking the Lead in Gun Rights Fight, ABC Nightline

jsimmons

I honestly don't understand why the anti-gun crowd doesn't want to admit to the facts:

0) The Constitution clearly spells out our right to keep and bear arms with no stated limitations. Age, gender, cruiminal history, type of weapon, purpose of weapon - it doesn't matter. Evry American was born with this right, and it cannot be infringed.

1) Gun laws and carry restrictions don't hurt anyone but law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by their very nature, abhor and ignore any law that might be on the books, especially if that law puts them at a tactical disadvantage. Given this fact, it is pointless to say convicted felons are prohibited from possessing a firearm.

2) No government - from city to federal - is legally allowed to regulate HOW weapons are carried.

3) Limits on magazine capacity are pointless. The fact that you can't buy some pistols in some states because they hold X number of rounds is beyond absurd. A pistol can deliver with seven or 17 rounds - it doesn't matter.

The Brady Campaign was born as a result of a deranged person illegally (?) concealed carrying a pistol. Guess what, he knew it was illegal, and he did it anyway. FACT - local laws did not protect Mr. Brady, and they won't protect any other law-abiding citizen that is unable to defend himself.

One day, it will be illegal to carry a pocket comb...

sudden valley gunner

Good find Doug.

This made me laugh that the NRA refused to comment after several attempts to get them too.

Progun groups like NRA and SAF have not been very supportive of recognizing our full right to bear arms, and lately when they do it is because they are forced too by 'grass roots' folks. I think that us the ones without money and huge political clout are the new 800 pound gorilla in the room no correct that we are the band of 800 pound gorillas, we don't want compromise and political games we want what is our unalienable right.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Good find Doug.

This made me laugh that the NRA refused to comment after several attempts to get them too.

Progun groups like NRA and SAF have not been very supportive of recognizing our full right to bear arms, and lately when they do it is because they are forced too by 'grass roots' folks. I think that us the ones without money and huge political clout are the new 800 pound gorilla in the room no correct that we are the band of 800 pound gorillas, we don't want compromise and political games we want what is our unalienable right.

The NRA is beginning to make mention of open carrying and the movement across the nation to see this as an option to those who chose to carry. I think they understand that there are quite a lot of us out there and many are NRA members who expect this premiere association to support them. After all, money and membership numbers talk and I doubt the NRA wants to be left out in the cold or worse; alienate a segment of gun owners.

kwikrnu

Banned
The NRA, SAF, GOA, and most other State based "pro-gun" organizations want nothing to do with open carry.
For example I have a lawsuit against the State of Tennessee. SAF, GOA, and the NRA have refused to speak with me. They refuse to post about it on any of their sites. The TFA, which is the Tennessee firearms association banned me and there are no posts about the subject.
My lawsuit is huge for the right to carry in Tennessee and has been a story in major newspapers.
What is the point of firearm organizations if they do not acknowledge what is truly happening in this country?
They remind me of the see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil, do no evil monkeys.

PDinDetroit

The NRA, SAF, GOA, and most other State based "pro-gun" organizations want nothing to do with open carry.
For example I have a lawsuit against the State of Tennessee. SAF, GOA, and the NRA have refused to speak with me. They refuse to post about it on any of their sites. The TFA, which is the Tennessee firearms association banned me and there are no posts about the subject.
My lawsuit is huge for the right to carry in Tennessee and has been a story in major newspapers.
What is the point of firearm organizations if they do not acknowledge what is truly happening in this country?
They remind me of the see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil, do no evil monkeys.

This!