• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun rules @ Stehekin re: Federal Buildings?

holeinhead

I'll be headed there this summer, but I wanted to make sure I don't carry illegally. Does anyone know if any of the buildings there are considered "Federal" buildings, and thus off limits to carry? I do plan on hitting up the general store, bakery, and restaurants there, but want to make sure that they're not somehow defined as "Federal" buildings.

Thanks!

jt59

I'll be headed there this summer, but I wanted to make sure I don't carry illegally. Does anyone know if any of the buildings there are considered "Federal" buildings, and thus off limits to carry? I do plan on hitting up the general store, bakery, and restaurants there, but want to make sure that they're not somehow defined as "Federal" buildings.

Thanks!

I've been there a number of times, not OC'g back then, but I would think for the most part, you should be fine. Maybe take a look at where the "post office" is officially housed. I don't remember, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was in one of the "general stores". Also the NPS visitors center and buildings would be out of bounds.

here's a pretty good link with numbers to call (chamber of commerce) for info.

Have fun, it's a great place.....

http://blog.oregonlive.com/terryrichard/2008/05/everything_you_need_to_know_ab.html