• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Candle light vigil for Erik Scott planned Tue, August 10

Nevada carrier

I just received this in my Facebook inbox and encourage everyone to attend if possible.

On the 30 day mark of Erik's untimely death, or next Tuesday August 10th we are planning a candle light vigil at the Summerlin Costco. The event will begin at 9pm and we are hoping as many people as possible will attend so please spread the word within your network(s). Please bring a candle and show your continued support by keeping this tragedy alive in the eyes of the Las Vegas community.

For those that can't make the event, Erik's friends and family are asking that you please post the candlelight image (which is located in the Picture section of the In Memory of Erik Scott Group) as your profile image and/or within your Facebook home page "news feed".

For Erik,
Mike Pusateri

flagellum

I just came here to post this, looks like you beat me to it.

Also:

[size=+1]
Time August 10 · 9:00pm - 10:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Costco Summerlin
801 South Pavilion Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV
[/size]

Nevada Shooters Thread:
http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=12582

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

Glad to see I'm not the only one staying on top of this. I would hate for this to fade away as just another tragedy that was never accounted for as so many of them do.

flagellum

Good News

[My name] August 6 at 11:04am
Sir,

My name is [name]. I am an Airman stationed here at Nellis Air Force base, and an Open Carry advocate. The OC community has been following this since it has happened and we have nothing but absolute resepct for Erik and wish to show our support. I just wanted to ask you personally as the organizer of this group if you had any reservations against OC at your vigil, as we understand this may be a highly emotional time for many of the attendees. Our support is of course, unconditional.

Very Respectfully,
[name]
[Event Organizer] August 6 at 11:14am Report
[my name]:

Absolutely not reservations at all..in fact we would welcome you and the OC community in attendance! Please come up and say hi to me when you arrive.

Thanks for the note.

[event organizer]

Good News!

Last edited:

LV XD9

My wife and I are planning on going tonight (I'll be OCing, of course.) Which reminds me - I have to stop by Wal-mart today and pick up a couple of candles.

I hope they have a big turnout tonight. It seems like a good number of people RSVP'ed, so if most of them actually show up, this could be a decent-sized gathering.

Las Vegan

I'll see everyone there tonight. FYI, there is a Bed, Bath & Beyond in the same parking lot, and they have a large candle department. BB&B is open until 9:00pm tonight to meet your last minute candle shopping needs.

Las Vegan

I just got home a little while ago. I ran into about a dozen people from here and Nevada Shooters. There were about 250 people there showing support for the Scott family, as well as at least four TV news crews and a few reporters from our local papers. I was interviewed by a couple of them, and hopefully I didn't come off too badly.

I got a few pictures with my cell phone. I'll post them tomorrow if they came out ok.

Last edited:

Las Vegan

The community rallied to show support for the Scott family and demand answers from Metro:
3.jpg

After friends and family made speeches to share their thoughts and thank the supporters, many people placed their candles together as a sign of solidarity:
6.jpg

OpenCarry.org member "Nevada carrier" adds his candle:
5.jpg

This terrible tragedy will not be forgotten:
9.jpg

(apologies for low quality cell phone pics)

Last edited: