• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justices, judges and 'judicial activism'

Dave Workman

Beretta92FSLady

" “If I had my way,” Judge Bender stated..."

He doesn't have his way. What constitutes an "activist judge" is completely subjective.

Kagan has replaced a Liberal Justice, Justice Stevens, who ruled on the minority side of McDonald v Chicago, so the makeup of the court will not change.

When Kennedy retires, that is where people should be preparing to stand up and demand a Justice that is pro-2nd Amendment (subjective). Ginsburg will likely come up before Kennedy, and she will surely be replaced by a liberal Justice like herself, as she should.

Last edited:

Batousaii

Curious ....

So...
- If all this hoopla regarding Obama's Birthplace and social security number came to fruit, would the justices he elected be considered invalid? or would they continue to serve even though elected by a (then) illegal president?

- Curious...

Bat :rolleyes:

Jeff Hayes

" “If I had my way,” Judge Bender stated..."

He doesn't have his way. What constitutes an "activist judge" is completely subjective.

Kagan has replaced a Liberal Justice, Justice Stevens, who ruled on the minority side of McDonald v Chicago, so the makeup of the court will not change.

When Kennedy retires, that is where people should be preparing to stand up and demand a Justice that is pro-2nd Amendment (subjective). Ginsburg will likely come up before Kennedy, and she will surely be replaced by a liberal Justice like herself, as she should.

Retireing Justices should be replaced by non partial Justices, its not OK to replace a liberal with a liberal, this is not tit for tat, well I guess it is but then again that is the problem.

Squeak

I know for a fact that HE cannot pass the background check for a clearance at the Naval Shipyard in Puget Sound. My source: I worked there for 35 years. If somehow he worked there, he would have 3 days to prove his facts. Then, yer fired. Not being an OC topic, I will stop here. P.S., prove he is a citizen.

Squeak

Sylvia, What is with all of your personal attacks? Do you think that is really necessary? You don't even know me! All of those funny little 'eat your spinach' and 'I await your reliable source' digs are really immature. Reread my post where I said I worked for the Federal Govt for 35 years. I know what it takes to get a job in Govt. And yes, maybe Glenn Beck is spot on. The proof is for Obama; he is applying for the job. He has to show proof that he is what he says he is.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Alright guys ... we were talking about Justice Kagan and what her confirmation might mean for the Second Amendment cases coming down the pike.

We are NOT a site to discuss the presidential birth certificate! President Obama IS president and what we need to address is how to keep moving forward the advances in gun rights!

John

Squeak

Alright guys ... we were talking about Justice Kagan and what her confirmation might mean for the Second Amendment cases coming down the pike.

We are NOT a site to discuss the presidential birth certificate! President Obama IS president and what we need to address is how to keep moving forward the advances in gun rights!

John

Sorry John, It's just that disarming us is his agenda. The End