Thread: USM Shooting Club

USM Shooting Club

I came across an article talking about UMaine's Trap and Skeet club. It discussed the club's firearms stored on Campus.
    Anyone at USM want to start a USM Trap & Skeet or Firearms club?

The club would have access to funds which could be used to purchase club firearms, field trips, apparel, etc.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by doorbell View Post
    i came across an article talking about umaine's trap and skeet club. It discussed the club's firearms stored on campus.
    Anyone at usm want to start a usm trap & skeet or firearms club?

The club would have access to funds which could be used to purchase club firearms, field trips, apparel, etc.
    i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by doorbell View Post
    I came across an article talking about UMaine's Trap and Skeet club. It discussed the club's firearms stored on Campus.
    Anyone at USM want to start a USM Trap & Skeet or Firearms club?

do you have to go to usm to get involved?

Worst case scenario you would have to sign up for a 1 credit course to be considered a "student".

I do not know the minimum requirements to form the student group, but I participated in some groups when I was at USM.

http://student-groups.usm.maine.edu/bso/groups/

From what I might remember, once the group is formed...as long as someone attends a majority of the BSO meetings per year...funds will continue to be available.

While it is a good idea that people are looking into getting a club going; to get maximum participation I think it would have to be something that could be done outside of USM, otherwise it could be restrictive to others who want to participate. For instance, others may not have the time or the income to take classes, or some of us may be finishing our classes in the next week and want nothing to do with taking another class for the moment :-)

3rd annual arnold dugmore memorial trap clinic at western maine fish & game in harrison. August 8th 10am ~ 2pm. Geared towards individuals that would like to learn trap shooting. There is no charge for beginners and refreshments are free!

I'd be interested in getting involved.

Somewhat related, where are good ranges in the Portland area?
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org