• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So no firearms OR OC Spray allowed in the S.S. office?

Aaron1124

If you are standing there at the door and he says you can't bring something in, you have two choices. Don't, or go ahead and try to bring it in, telling him he has no authority under law to do so. Let us know how that works out for you.

If you think that the Social Security office is going against the law, you can file a complaint with them or take them to court. Since they are not subject to WA State "Preemption" you'll have to rely on the federal system for any relief.

This is what I am asking. Is the security officer going against the law? Remember, O.C. Spray isn't restricted by federal law, as it is not a "dangerous weapon" - at least not dangerous under the definition of the United States Legislature.

My question is, what authority does the security officer have in enforcing this? I am asking because I truly want to know.

Does Congress allow U.S. Agencies the ability to create their own "rules", similar to that of the W.A.C.?

END_THE_FED

This is what I am asking. Is the security officer going against the law? Remember, O.C. Spray isn't restricted by federal law, as it is not a "dangerous weapon" - at least not dangerous under the definition of the United States Legislature.

My question is, what authority does the security officer have in enforcing this? I am asking because I truly want to know.

Does Congress allow U.S. Agencies the ability to create their own "rules", similar to that of the W.A.C.?

Yeah kind of. The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)