Thread: Self defense????

Shell Lake, WI

Self defense????

I'm thinking that I was wrong on the self defense in Shell Lake shooting. They are saying he was shot 6 times in the back. That doesn't sound like self defense to me. I still stand on what I said about the Elliott boys, they are people who do fight all of the time.Homicide charges expected
    Regan Kohler• Wed, Aug 04, 2010
    SHELL LAKE – The initial appearance of the accused shooter of a Sarona man was rescheduled for Monday, Aug. 9, at 8:50 a.m. in the Washburn County Courthouse.
    Jess R. Carsello, 48, Sarona, remains in custody as of Tuesday, Aug. 3, at the county jail, after being arrested on suspicion of shooting Michael T. Elliott, 31, Sarona on Sunday, July 25. According to the sheriff’s department report, authorities responded to a 911 call from Carsello, who said he had shot Elliott in self-defense. Elliott was found dead in a residence on Ripley Spur Road.
    The state intends to charge Carsello with first-degree intentional homicide, which will be determined at the initial appearance.
    Carsello’s bail was set at $1 million in a hearing Tuesday, July 27.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Who to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shell_Lake1 View Post
    I'm thinking that I was wrong on the self defense in Shell Lake shooting. They are saying he was shot 6 times in the back....
    If "They" is not the medical examiner I wouldn't attach too much credence to the "report".
    Last edited by davegran; 08-07-2010 at 07:49 AM.
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Maybe he shot the guy in the back after he was beaten and when the guy was going to get a knife to finish him off!
    Anything is possible at this point.

Shell_Lake1 I don't think it is appropriate at all to be bad mouthing a person that is no longer with us. Mike can't defend himself to your comments. In the post below you totally made him out to be a monster...which he was not at all! The Elliott boys have their flaws. However, they are still good men that have made a lot of selfless sacrafices for others. They love their family. This loss has been exceptionally hard on them. Your comments about them are out of line.

Jess Carsello did not shoot Mike in self defense. It is true that Mike was shot from behind. If Jess was truely defending himself why was Mike's back to him? Here is a link to an article that will explain some of the details. Please think about the family's feelings before you bad mouth them.