• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self defense????

Shell_Lake1

I'm thinking that I was wrong on the self defense in Shell Lake shooting. They are saying he was shot 6 times in the back. That doesn't sound like self defense to me. I still stand on what I said about the Elliott boys, they are people who do fight all of the time.Homicide charges expected
Regan Kohler• Wed, Aug 04, 2010
SHELL LAKE – The initial appearance of the accused shooter of a Sarona man was rescheduled for Monday, Aug. 9, at 8:50 a.m. in the Washburn County Courthouse.
Jess R. Carsello, 48, Sarona, remains in custody as of Tuesday, Aug. 3, at the county jail, after being arrested on suspicion of shooting Michael T. Elliott, 31, Sarona on Sunday, July 25. According to the sheriff’s department report, authorities responded to a 911 call from Carsello, who said he had shot Elliott in self-defense. Elliott was found dead in a residence on Ripley Spur Road.
The state intends to charge Carsello with first-degree intentional homicide, which will be determined at the initial appearance.
Carsello’s bail was set at $1 million in a hearing Tuesday, July 27.

justiceformike

Shell_Lake1 I don't think it is appropriate at all to be bad mouthing a person that is no longer with us. Mike can't defend himself to your comments. In the post below you totally made him out to be a monster...which he was not at all! The Elliott boys have their flaws. However, they are still good men that have made a lot of selfless sacrafices for others. They love their family. This loss has been exceptionally hard on them. Your comments about them are out of line.

Jess Carsello did not shoot Mike in self defense. It is true that Mike was shot from behind. If Jess was truely defending himself why was Mike's back to him? Here is a link to an article that will explain some of the details. Please think about the family's feelings before you bad mouth them.

http://www.chronotype.com/main.asp?SectionID=32&SubSectionID=113&ArticleID=20214&TM=2689.715