• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner with OC Guys from Oklahoma! (we are now networking nationally)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This evening M1Gunr, Deros and myself met up with some board members from Oklahoma. And I can say it was a real privilege to be invited and have a great dinner, conversation and share the interests of the Open Carry Movement. The 3 gentleman; Al, John, and Quinton are pilots for the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. I do not know if there is a better job you can have, but this ranks right up there at the top.

We met at a nice restaurant in Tacoma on the Thea Foss Waterway, Johnny's Dock. Deros and I were a bit late due to the wonderful Puget Sound traffic! When we arrived, M1 was already seated with our guests. This is a fine restaurant and we had no comments or issues for the couple of hours we were seated. There were a couple of looks from a nearby table but the wait staff was superb and the food was fantastic.

The movement in Oklahoma is much smaller and new. The can not OC in OK but they are working on the law. They have CC and have passed an OC bill through both houses but it was vetoed by the governor. The governor is term limited and the campaign is on, they believe they will have OC within the next year.

After dinner M1 had to run. Deros, I and the OK group took a walk along the waterway, near the glass museum and downtown Tacoma. The weather was very nice and pleasant. There were many people out enjoying the area and no words were directed toward us. UNTIL..............................

We came across the unarmed security guard near the museum. He smiled. We greeted him and answered the usual questions. "Are you law enforcement?" "Nope, just regular citizens." We explained OC and the law. We explained who we are and why we do what we do. It was a very nice conversation. Then we continued our walk and conversation with the OK crowd.

On the drive home Deros and I chatted. We are very proud of all of you guys and the OC movement in Washington. We are excited about Willow Lake and Spokane.

We are thrilled that we are networking with other states! Wow! What a great opportunity to grow the movement and find like minded gun owners around the country! We hope to see the OK guys next year, as they come out once a year on business. I can imagine Fachitelli reading this, in a panic, as he realizes that we are normal guys now networking across this great land. That the movement is growing and expanding!

Trigger Dr

I think we need to get someone with a bit of musical talent to re write the song from the Movie "Oklahoma" you know the one with the line "Oklahoma, OK" change it to "Oklahoma OC"

sudden valley gunner

I wish I would have met them, darn maybe next year. I met a great guy from Choctaw last year, and I have recently found out I may be part Choctaw.

The Gov. really let Oklohoma down and so did their legislature, OC was approved with a veto proof majority but after the gov. vetoed they lost some votes in the legislature. But would be nice to add one more state to this growing movement and the Oklahoma folks are putting up a good fight.

DEROS72

This is crazy!!!!

It turns out that I have seen one of our OK. friends before.In 85 I worked at the Bremerton ship yards on the refit of the USS Ranger.One day I was talking with one of the sailors there about some of my navy artwork I was working on at the time.Most of you know I am an artist .Well this sailor gave me ships cruise book dated 1980 I could use as reference material for one of my illustrations.(sort of like a high school annual for a ship and its ops for a particular time frame).
In 91 I did a painting of an A-7 Corsair being catshot off the Ranger.Well this morning after Al was talking about his time as a Navy pilot(they are all corp.pilots)I got to thinking....Yep you guessed it It was his airplane and pic I used for this illustration (different markings) and low and behold there is his picture in on the next page Lt. J.G.Al .....
What are the chances of that,meeting a man that was in a Navy cruise book from 1980 I happend to recieve from a random sailor in 85 and in 2010 having diner with this man as part of the OC movement from a different state...I called him an d told him about that and the cruise book and he said he had the same one at home....Wild! and a small world sometime..

Below is the illustration of the Aircraft he flew,The original was sold in Vegas but I still have prints.....

Perhaps Fashetelli would like one! He will find we are becoming larger and more relevent than he will ever be.We will not compromise or give way.Now the states are banning together ! The Constitution will be defended.

sudden valley gunner

That's cool Deros!!! They are afraid these anti's, because it is becoming patently obvious that the majority of U.S. is not on there side. We like being armed, we like our Country and rights and we won't go down without a fight.

okiephlyer

Sorry it took so long to chime in on this thread. I have been traveling since our dinner Friday night. It was a good time and we all enjoyed our dinner and walk along the waterfront. We have expanded our reservoir of humor and picked up a couple of really good one-liners from the Washington group.
Good people and good guns, it just doesn't get much better.