• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner with OC Guys from Oklahoma! (we are now networking nationally)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This evening M1Gunr, Deros and myself met up with some board members from Oklahoma. And I can say it was a real privilege to be invited and have a great dinner, conversation and share the interests of the Open Carry Movement. The 3 gentleman; Al, John, and Quinton are pilots for the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. I do not know if there is a better job you can have, but this ranks right up there at the top.

We met at a nice restaurant in Tacoma on the Thea Foss Waterway, Johnny's Dock. Deros and I were a bit late due to the wonderful Puget Sound traffic! When we arrived, M1 was already seated with our guests. This is a fine restaurant and we had no comments or issues for the couple of hours we were seated. There were a couple of looks from a nearby table but the wait staff was superb and the food was fantastic.

The movement in Oklahoma is much smaller and new. The can not OC in OK but they are working on the law. They have CC and have passed an OC bill through both houses but it was vetoed by the governor. The governor is term limited and the campaign is on, they believe they will have OC within the next year.

After dinner M1 had to run. Deros, I and the OK group took a walk along the waterway, near the glass museum and downtown Tacoma. The weather was very nice and pleasant. There were many people out enjoying the area and no words were directed toward us. UNTIL..............................

We came across the unarmed security guard near the museum. He smiled. We greeted him and answered the usual questions. "Are you law enforcement?" "Nope, just regular citizens." We explained OC and the law. We explained who we are and why we do what we do. It was a very nice conversation. Then we continued our walk and conversation with the OK crowd.

On the drive home Deros and I chatted. We are very proud of all of you guys and the OC movement in Washington. We are excited about Willow Lake and Spokane.

We are thrilled that we are networking with other states! Wow! What a great opportunity to grow the movement and find like minded gun owners around the country! We hope to see the OK guys next year, as they come out once a year on business. I can imagine Fachitelli reading this, in a panic, as he realizes that we are normal guys now networking across this great land. That the movement is growing and expanding!

gprod55

With any luck

With any luck we here in Oklahoma will be able to return the favor and have ya'll down here being able to open carry for a meal although baked salmon is not natural to this state, we do have some good catfish and or bass dishes that are quite tasty and good eatin. We also have one good crawdad restuarants here in OKC. If you have to have Salmon it is available but it is shipped in from Alaska. As we are a landlocked state all seafood is shipped in. Hopefully next year our representatives excluding those that have been replaced because they backed out or voted against open carry will allow this state to become the next to fall in line with most of the rest of the nation.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
With any luck we here in Oklahoma will be able to return the favor and have ya'll down here being able to open carry for a meal although baked salmon is not natural to this state, we do have some good catfish and or bass dishes that are quite tasty and good eatin. We also have one good crawdad restuarants here in OKC. If you have to have Salmon it is available but it is shipped in from Alaska. As we are a landlocked state all seafood is shipped in. Hopefully next year our representatives excluding those that have been replaced because they backed out or voted against open carry will allow this state to become the next to fall in line with most of the rest of the nation.

I'll tell you what, if you get OC passed...Deros and myself will find a way to come on down. I would love some good crawfish!!

Carry on!

gprod55

Headed your way

I'll tell you what, if you get OC passed...Deros and myself will find a way to come on down. I would love some good crawfish!!

Carry on!

We'll be up in Mount Vernon, Washington the 1st part of September celebrating my mothers 90th Birthday. My sister has made arrangements for our stay at a hotel there for a couple of nights. Being retired Military if we wish to stay longer we can utilize the Naval facilities at Widby Island (billiting facilities are 1/2 the cost of civilian hotels/motels).
Ya'll are welcome to come on down and I'll make sure ya get all the crawdads ya can eat.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
We'll be up in Mount Vernon, Washington the 1st part of September celebrating my mothers 90th Birthday. My sister has made arrangements for our stay at a hotel there for a couple of nights. Being retired Military if we wish to stay longer we can utilize the Naval facilities at Widby Island (billiting facilities are 1/2 the cost of civilian hotels/motels).
Ya'll are welcome to come on down and I'll make sure ya get all the crawdads ya can eat.

If you want to connect with any of us here in W WA let me know, we are a fairly large group and I am sure there will be OCers available.

okiephlyer

GPROD55 - I was one of the OK guys at dinner and I would highly recommend going the extra mile to meet with these guys. I think it is great when people from far away in this same great land can meet with other like minded people and forge new frienships. We have been making the trip annually and I look forward to next year. Maybe we can get enough people to take over a restaurant for the evening and get some good press coverage.