• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man with holstered gun- 5-5th Street.-Festival Hall (Racine, WI)

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I saw this on the local website... no information on the outcome, or if they responded, but it is nice to hear that they at least stated if they are outside there is no violation. Was this anyone on the forum?

http://racineuncovered.org/?p=17111

6:35 p.m. – Racine police are responding to 5 5th St. -Festival Hall for a report of a white male with a gun holstered talking to people (I’m thinking he might be exercising his right).
6:38 p.m. – Officers are on scene and in the area
6:41 p.m. – Scanner reports that this is considered a city building and he is breaking the law by being there with a gun.
6:43 p.m. – Updated scanner reports that if this party was outside there is no violation, if he was inside, he is in violation of the law. They are by the pavillion.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
funny, I thought it might have been you! There are a couple other Racine people on the forum, hopefully it's not someone on the forum at all and there are more of us. =)

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Open Records Request time

Time to send an Open Records Request to the Racine police department, they HAVE to give you the information.

M

McX

wasn't me. but my youngest reported to me seeing an open carrier down by the marina sometime last week. he stopped and spoke with the guy, seemed amicable, and didn't scare my youngest in the least. a phantom carrier?!

yanked this off the underground page, and copied it to here;

4 Responses to “Man with holstered gun- 5-5th Street.-Festival Hall”

Skyblue, on August 4th, 2010 at 6:56 pm Said:

Gotta love this law. You can’t tuck it or put it anywhere, you can’t carry it in your purse. That’s breaking the law. So you carry it out in the open and the cops show up anyway. Personally, I thinking toting a gun around is kind of tacky – on the flip side, I think we’ll be seeing a lot more people in this city doing it and I don’t blame them not one bit.
sick & tired, on August 5th, 2010 at 6:47 am Said:

Skyblue right now in this cities guns should be carried like cell phones or the old beepers on the side EVERYone should have one. Think about it if you carry it on you the criminals can’t break in your house steal it then use it on you.

Last edited: