Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Column: Guns donít kill people ó people with guns kill people

Column: Guns donít kill people ó people with guns kill people

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/..._people_p.html

Itís an article of faith among the Second Amendment crowd that gun ownership is an insurance policy in averting disaster.

But it doesnít always work that way.

Just ask homicide suspect Tommy Emory.

If you post on Mlive this one needs your attention!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

When I read some of those comments it reminds me why we elect people like levein and stabenow, alot of peole have no idea what the word LIBERTY means.

I added a few choice comments to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    I added a few choice comments to the mix.
    me too. I go by xd9sc on mlive

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    me too. I go by xd9sc on mlive
    I have enjoyed your comments previously.

A few anti's over here also: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-eats-festival

Copied from MLive Stainless1911 post in the comment section

"Instead of showing respect and common courtesy, this is another case of people hiding behind the law thinking things like "I can do what I want, I'm in a public street, I don't care if it makes him mad" They got what they had coming."

Stainless1911 strikes again. Supporting the cold blooded murder of the two victims for nothing more than not showing common courtesy?!?!?!?! They got what they had coming!?!?! I wish he would just disappear, he is every gun owners worst nightmare, the living stereotype every anti envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Copied from MLive Stainless1911 post in the comment section

"Instead of showing respect and common courtesy, this is another case of people hiding behind the law thinking things like "I can do what I want, I'm in a public street, I don't care if it makes him mad" They got what they had coming."

Stainless1911 strikes again. Supporting the cold blooded murder of the two victims for nothing more than not showing common courtesy?!?!?!?! They got what they had coming!?!?! I wish he would just disappear, he is every gun owners worst nightmare, the living stereotype every anti envisions.
    I know I cringed!

I will say thank you to the rest who have posted for your thoughtful well posed positions!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless1911
    ..... this is another case of people hiding behind the law ..........
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

the article seems to keep talking about not having all the facts yet the author has a pretty good understanding why everything bad happened. . .ya, the author must be right. . .

Banned
    You can't expect that a person can be aggravated indefinitely, and either could, or even should just have to swallow it.

In some states, a person can be legally shot for just cutting through their property, so Im not that far out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    You can't expect that a person can be aggravated indefinitely, and either could, or even should just have to swallow it.
    I don't know stainless, I swallow a lot after I read your insane drivel.

In some states, a person can be legally shot for just cutting through their property, so Im not that far out of line.
    Cite please?

Banned
    That would be something like a cite for michigans "open carry law"

Cite please?
    IANAL, and I know am a noobie around here, but that isn't even in the same neighborhood.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 08-07-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: post #444 :banana:
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Either you can cite specific state statutes that support your statement below or you cannot. If you cannot, you should edit your post to remove the statement to remain within forum rules.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Either you can cite specific state statutes that support your statement below or you cannot. If you cannot, you should edit your post to remove the statement to remain within forum rules.
    It's the bottom of the 9th 2 outs & stainless is at the plate with 2 strikes....the tension is so thick the crowd could cut it with a knife...here's the pitch from PD & it's a blazing fast ball right down the the middle of the plate....

Stay tuned as we break for station identification.....

ROFLMAO!

You are WAY out of line. Your gun is ONLY supposed to be used when you are facing death or grave bodily harm. You would take a life or two just because people were talking loudly in the middle of the street at 4am?!? Why not just call the police and let them come and make these people leave? That is their job, to keep the peace. If the man had done that, those people would still be alive and he wouldn't be sitting in jail, possibly going to prison. Another shooting just because someone was aggravated. As if the shooting of the panhandler at Mickey D's wasn't enough. People get a grip! If your fuse is that short, you shouldn't carry a gun and probably shouldn't even own one! Every unjustified shooting just gives the antis more ammunition to fight us with. And the liberal politicians DO listen to their anti gun liberal constituants. Comments like yours, from a gun owner no less, certainly don't help the rest of us. Zip it!!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

OH NO, NOT THIS AGAIN...

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer Ė I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    That's not something that I would do, but when someone does these kinds of things, I understand it.

I don't have an official cite for that, but one of the first things that I was told when I moved to West Virginia, is to never just cut across some unknown property because people can shoot you for it. I've heard similar things about several states. Most recently here on OCDO when a young boy was shot in texas for it.

I don't have a cite for shoplifting, but I know that its illegal. I know it isn't illegal to wear a blue shirt either, But I'm sorry, again, no cite for that either.

Just because a person has 2 strikes at the bottom of the 9th, doesn't mean you should try to hit the batter with the ball.

Citing "laws" from "I heard" or "a guy told me" is a sure fire way to get yourself or someone else some serious jail time.

"But wait officer, Jim Bob told me I could shoot that there feller for cuttin' across my yard. What do you mean I'm being arrested for murder!?" or "Why are you arresting me, officer? Those people were talking loudly in front of my house, I was pushed just too far!"

You understand that? Wow.

Banned
    When someones kid gets bitten by a dog, the first things most people think about is a lawsuit, and that animal control should come and get the dog to put it to sleep. I am not most people (thankfully). The first thing that comes to my mind, is why did the dog bite the kid? Upon further inquiry, 9 times out of 10, you will find out that the kid was being a little jerk, and throwing rocks and poking at the dog with a stick, and usually for quite some time. At which point, not only do I not only remove the blame from that dog, but I'm glad the kid got bit. Served him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    It's the bottom of the 9th 2 outs & stainless is at the plate with 2 strikes....the tension is so thick the crowd could cut it with a knife...here's the pitch from PD & it's a blazing fast ball right down the the middle of the plate....

Stay tuned as we break for station identification.....
    Struck him out!!!

BTW - how did you know that I used to be a pitcher???

When someones kid gets bitten by a dog, the first things most people think about is a lawsuit, and that animal control should come and get the dog to put it to sleep. I am not most people (thankfully). The first thing that comes to my mind, is why did the dog bite the kid? Upon further inquiry, 9 times out of 10, you will find out that the kid was being a little jerk, and throwing rocks and poking at the dog with a stick, and usually for quite some time. At which point, not only do I not only remove the blame from that dog, but I'm glad the kid got bit. Served him right.
    You are actually attempting to make your point by equating the decision making abilities of a human being to that of a freakin' animal? STOP POSTING! Your points are defenseless, nobody deserves to die for cutting across a yard or talking loudly in front of a house. Sell your guns before we are reading about you in the paper.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Unhappy

That's not something that I would do, but when someone does these kinds of things, I understand it.

I don't have an official cite for that, but one of the first things that I was told when I moved to West Virginia, is to never just cut across some unknown property because people can shoot you for it. I've heard similar things about several states. Most recently here on OCDO when a young boy was shot in texas for it.

I don't have a cite for shoplifting, but I know that its illegal. I know it isn't illegal to wear a blue shirt either, But I'm sorry, again, no cite for that either.

Just because a person has 2 strikes at the bottom of the 9th, doesn't mean you should try to hit the batter with the ball.
    Stainless - I have gone out of my way to be nice to you. Why? Because I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. With that said some of your posts have no place here. You know what I mean. If not, feel free to contact me as you have my information. Let's just say that things you might say in private have no business in this forum. You are completely entitled to form you own opinions, but to post them here, is a different story all together. John has closed multiple threads because of your posts - let's not make this yet another okay? Respectfully G9OS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast