• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Column: Guns don’t kill people — people with guns kill people

detroit_fan

When I read some of those comments it reminds me why we elect people like levein and stabenow, alot of peole have no idea what the word LIBERTY means.

scot623

Copied from MLive Stainless1911 post in the comment section

"Instead of showing respect and common courtesy, this is another case of people hiding behind the law thinking things like "I can do what I want, I'm in a public street, I don't care if it makes him mad" They got what they had coming."

Stainless1911 strikes again. Supporting the cold blooded murder of the two victims for nothing more than not showing common courtesy?!?!?!?! They got what they had coming!?!?! I wish he would just disappear, he is every gun owners worst nightmare, the living stereotype every anti envisions.

autosurgeon

Copied from MLive Stainless1911 post in the comment section

"Instead of showing respect and common courtesy, this is another case of people hiding behind the law thinking things like "I can do what I want, I'm in a public street, I don't care if it makes him mad" They got what they had coming."

Stainless1911 strikes again. Supporting the cold blooded murder of the two victims for nothing more than not showing common courtesy?!?!?!?! They got what they had coming!?!?! I wish he would just disappear, he is every gun owners worst nightmare, the living stereotype every anti envisions.

I know I cringed! :banghead:

I will say thank you to the rest who have posted for your thoughtful well posed positions!

fozzy71

Stainless1911 said:
..... this is another case of people hiding behind the law ..........

pot-kettle.jpg

manicdevery

the article seems to keep talking about not having all the facts yet the author has a pretty good understanding why everything bad happened. . .ya, the author must be right. . .

stainless1911

Banned
You can't expect that a person can be aggravated indefinitely, and either could, or even should just have to swallow it.

In some states, a person can be legally shot for just cutting through their property, so Im not that far out of line.

fozzy71

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

That would be something like a cite for michigans "open carry law"

Either you can cite specific state statutes that support your statement below or you cannot. If you cannot, you should edit your post to remove the statement to remain within forum rules.

In some states, a person can be legally shot for just cutting through their property, so Im not that far out of line.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Either you can cite specific state statutes that support your statement below or you cannot. If you cannot, you should edit your post to remove the statement to remain within forum rules.

It's the bottom of the 9th 2 outs & stainless is at the plate with 2 strikes....the tension is so thick the crowd could cut it with a knife...here's the pitch from PD & it's a blazing fast ball right down the the middle of the plate....

Stay tuned as we break for station identification.....

Ruby

You can't expect that a person can be aggravated indefinitely, and either could, or even should just have to swallow it.

You are WAY out of line. Your gun is ONLY supposed to be used when you are facing death or grave bodily harm. You would take a life or two just because people were talking loudly in the middle of the street at 4am?!? Why not just call the police and let them come and make these people leave? That is their job, to keep the peace. If the man had done that, those people would still be alive and he wouldn't be sitting in jail, possibly going to prison. Another shooting just because someone was aggravated. As if the shooting of the panhandler at Mickey D's wasn't enough. People get a grip! If your fuse is that short, you shouldn't carry a gun and probably shouldn't even own one! Every unjustified shooting just gives the antis more ammunition to fight us with. And the liberal politicians DO listen to their anti gun liberal constituants. Comments like yours, from a gun owner no less, certainly don't help the rest of us. Zip it!!

stainless1911

Banned
That's not something that I would do, but when someone does these kinds of things, I understand it.

I don't have an official cite for that, but one of the first things that I was told when I moved to West Virginia, is to never just cut across some unknown property because people can shoot you for it. I've heard similar things about several states. Most recently here on OCDO when a young boy was shot in texas for it.

I don't have a cite for shoplifting, but I know that its illegal. I know it isn't illegal to wear a blue shirt either, But I'm sorry, again, no cite for that either.

Just because a person has 2 strikes at the bottom of the 9th, doesn't mean you should try to hit the batter with the ball.