• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meister supports decision to close jail Unit A during Q&A, WiscNews.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonews...cle_a6171330-a1c7-11df-9b83-001cc4c002e0.html
EXCERPT said:
Meister also responded to questions about national and state issues, such as the Second Amendment and whether he favors allowing gun owners to carry concealed weapons.

"I do believe in the Constitution," Meister said, adding that he is not opposed to allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin if gun owners consent to a background check and psychological test at their own expense before receiving a permit.

A debate between all three sheriff candidates has been tentatively scheduled for 7 p.m. Aug. 25 at the Rock Springs Community Center.

Steinhorst will answer questions from the Sauk County Tea Party Aug. 26.
Gee thanks.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
"I do believe in the Constitution," Meister said, adding that he is not opposed to allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin if gun owners consent to a background check and psychological test at their own expense before receiving a permit.

He may believe in the constitution but, It's apparant that he does not agree with it.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Now they want Psych evals? WTF ever!
Vote this guy out! out! out!
He's not even voted "in" yet.

He's actually seems to be a pretty decent guy from the little I know of him. I wonder if he got caught off-gaurd with the question. Hopefully someone will have a chance to have a chat with him before the election and clarify this; I'm not happy with that answer either. I know he's not big on enforcing certain arguably unconstitutional laws; DAMHIK, so we'll have to see.

M

McX

psych tests?! administered by who?! Like they would be an authority on what is normal? Hmmmm.......i'm ok, are you ok?