I like it!
Thread: Interesting scenario
hey. i received this email, from my aunt who happens to be a life long gov. employee (she is right thinking so i look over that). thought it was a interesting scenario. you could apply a lot of different states, politicians, etc. hope ya'll like it
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor and attacks his dog.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.
9. Additional cost to State of California : $75,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files suit against the State.
The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks her dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a ..45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that's why California is broke!
Last edited by papa bear; 08-07-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: couldn't get the email right
I like it!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead
Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin
Let me honest though, after the coyote jumped out Arnold Schwarzenegger would rip the coyote in half with his bare hands and continue jogging.
And of course the coyote never gets to bite brewer, because the buzzard has already got her after making the honest mistake that she had been dead for quite sometime.
"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
-- Charles A. Beard
Well i did say you could apply different states. did peta sue them?
What a load of bull.
Everyone knows the coyote was in the bushes hunting a rabbit when the drunk driving governor ran him down, and everyone laughs and thinks it is funny he gets away with it.
Should be, drunk driving gov gets 90 days, state saves a fortune in spending freezes while he is locked up. Released after 90 minutes from overcrowding, total savings 1.5 billion. State house buys 5 coyotes at 2 billion each so they can save another 7.5 billion.
AZ gov draws down on coyote, Laraza screams racism. Obama files a lawsuit, and orders a 6 month moratorium on all hunting. People across the country starve to death as wild animals wreck havoc.