Thread: Upgraded my OC gear!

Upgraded my OC gear!

So my old belt was falling apart, ready to tear straight across at two or three of the holes. It wasn't made for carrying, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I had looked at belts on occasion and found decent looking ones to be in the $20 range. I went to Quantico Tactical today and bought myself a new 5.11 Stitched Leather Casual Belt (<-- Clicky!) as well as a Tagua 1911 thumb break holster. Oh man, what a difference! Belt has an internal stiffener, and it REALLY stabilizes the holster! Good-bye old crappy department store belt!

OH, almost forgot... PICS!

The holster:

Hugs it nice and tight to my side!

Yeah, I'm a scrawny dude...

+1 love for the 1911. Belt is nice too. X)

Thanks for the link to the belt, very nice! I've been using a fat 2" Galco carry belt for a couple years now but it's often too large to fit thru regular belt loops on slacks.

-Badger
    1911 before dialing 911.

Very Nice indeed!
    - Congratzz on a sweet upgrade!
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

The belt was worth the $30 something I paid for it, definitely. And it just looks awesome too! It's so much more stable than what I was using.

A real gun belt sure does change the feel of things, especially when using an OWB holster. I went for a 1.5" Wilderness Instructor's belt with the CSM insert, but the difference is notable regardless.

I saw something like this at the WAC show today for $16. Thought about getting it, but I got a belt coming from Kramer...probably should have anyway.
    It ain't easy in the Tweezy.

My favorite one to date: "Uh... You know the hammer's back on it, right?"

Me: o.O "Uh...yeah."

Nice Rig

Nice upgrade the 5.11 gear is some of the best available glad you like it . I just purchased a Desantis holster for my sig and the 5.11 belt is the way to go .
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

69Charger
    I went with the 1 3/4 inch 511 belt. Fits my jeans and dress pants just fine.
    See ya at Willow
    Dave

Cool Cabella's has belts too

... and for ~the same price. Don't recall whom makes them - probably someplace in China.
    Nice - did they have the mag holder too? Went up to Mary's yesterday looking for one, all they had was brown in double mag - gotta' get the black to match my holster & belt.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Nice! That's the exact belt I have(I'm sure mine's a little longer though). I get them at Blumenthal's Uniform in Des Moines. A couple time a year they have 5.11 days with 5.11 stuff 15% off...

I use the same belt as well also purchased at Blumenthals in Desmoines.

Dude, that gun is bigger than you are...

Quote Originally Posted by G22Paddy View Post
    The belt was worth the $30 something I paid for it, definitely. And it just looks awesome too! It's so much more stable than what I was using.
    I got te same belt from Quantico and love it. Have you checked out surplus ammo down the street from there?
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    Dude, that gun is bigger than you are...
    So are most BG's that would come after me!

Quote Originally Posted by mik253 View Post
    Ha don't feel bad I'm 5'7 125 lbs and I got the same gun! If yours is the 4 Inch barrel champion, the tag on mine said 5 inches though
    Mine's the 5" bbl GI model.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I got te same belt from Quantico and love it. Have you checked out surplus ammo down the street from there?
    I'm in Surplus 3 times a week on average! Also, I am looking into applying for a job at Quantico.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Thanks for the link to the belt, very nice! I've been using a fat 2" Galco carry belt for a couple years now but it's often too large to fit thru regular belt loops on slacks.

-Badger
    I have one like that... love that belt. It gets far more wear than the 1" belt for dress