• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upgraded my OC gear!

.45ACPaddy

So my old belt was falling apart, ready to tear straight across at two or three of the holes. It wasn't made for carrying, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I had looked at belts on occasion and found decent looking ones to be in the $20 range. I went to Quantico Tactical today and bought myself a new 5.11 Stitched Leather Casual Belt (<-- Clicky!) as well as a Tagua 1911 thumb break holster. Oh man, what a difference! Belt has an internal stiffener, and it REALLY stabilizes the holster! Good-bye old crappy department store belt!

OH, almost forgot... PICS!

picture80.jpg

The holster:

picture81.jpg

Hugs it nice and tight to my side!

picture83l.jpg

picture84e.jpg

Yeah, I'm a scrawny dude...

.45ACPaddy

The belt was worth the $30 something I paid for it, definitely. And it just looks awesome too! It's so much more stable than what I was using.

Genken

I saw something like this at the WAC show today for $16. Thought about getting it, but I got a belt coming from Kramer...probably should have anyway.

69Charger

I went with the 1 3/4 inch 511 belt. Fits my jeans and dress pants just fine.
See ya at Willow :)
Dave

tony d tiger

Cabella's has belts too

... and for ~the same price. Don't recall whom makes them - probably someplace in China. :D
Nice - did they have the mag holder too? Went up to Mary's yesterday looking for one, all they had was brown in double mag - gotta' get the black to match my holster & belt.

trevorthebusdriver

Nice! That's the exact belt I have(I'm sure mine's a little longer though). I get them at Blumenthal's Uniform in Des Moines. A couple time a year they have 5.11 days with 5.11 stuff 15% off...

tombrewster421

The belt was worth the $30 something I paid for it, definitely. And it just looks awesome too! It's so much more stable than what I was using.

I got te same belt from Quantico and love it. Have you checked out surplus ammo down the street from there?

.45ACPaddy

Dude, that gun is bigger than you are...

So are most BG's that would come after me!

Ha don't feel bad I'm 5'7 125 lbs and I got the same gun! If yours is the 4 Inch barrel champion, the tag on mine said 5 inches though

Mine's the 5" bbl GI model.

I got te same belt from Quantico and love it. Have you checked out surplus ammo down the street from there?

I'm in Surplus 3 times a week on average! Also, I am looking into applying for a job at Quantico.