• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A lot of resistance to open carry from police even in other states.

rmansu2

Yet another reason I would never choose to live in California. It just boggles my mind that the people in this country have become so unpatriotic. We persecute those who follow the law and applaud those who break it. I think I will starting posing the following question to everyone. "What would you do if we had to actually fight a war on American soil?" "Would you be willing to stand up and fight for your life or the life of your family against an actual invasion force?" I would rather be armed and unappreciated than unarmed and unprepared.

estcrh

Yet another reason I would never choose to live in California. It just boggles my mind that the people in this country have become so unpatriotic. We persecute those who follow the law and applaud those who break it. I think I will starting posing the following question to everyone. "What would you do if we had to actually fight a war on American soil?" "Would you be willing to stand up and fight for your life or the life of your family against an actual invasion force?" I would rather be armed and unappreciated than unarmed and unprepared.

Check out what happened in my neighborhood in a few days, we are already fighting a war in the most important tourist attraction in the state. From
http://groups.google.com/group/NOPD8-EmailBlast/topics?hl=en?hl=en

UPDATE: Aggravated Assault, 240 Decatur
On Monday, August 9, 2010, Detectives conducted follow up investigation into the Aggravated Assault that occurred on Friday, August 6, 2010, at 240 Decatur. The suspect, Mitchell, Bryan, B/M, 3-2-88, has been positively identified and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. If you have any information on this incident, please contact Det.... more »
By Officer Shubert - Aug 10 - 1 new of 1 message
Armed Robbery, 800 block of Iberville
On Sunday, August 8, 2010, at 10:33pm, the victims, 22 y/o W/M & 20 y/ o W/F, were walking on Bourbon when they met an unknown black male who told them he could take them to a party. They victims agreed and followed the black male into a parking garage in the 800 block of Iberville. Once there, a second suspect approached and produced a... more »
By Officer Shubert - Aug 9 - 1 new of 1 message
Purse Snatching, Bourbon & St Louis
On Saturday, August 7, 2010, at 10:38pm, the victim, 21 y/o W/F, was walking near Bourbon & St Louis when she was approached by two unknown black males. One suspect grabbed the victim’s purse from her grasp. The suspects then fled on foot on St Louis, turning on Dauphine toward Canal, then unknown.... more »
Simple Robbery, 700 block of St Philip
On Saturday, August 7, 2010, at 1:00am, the victim, 40 y/o W/M, was walking in the 700 block of St Philip when he was approached by three unknown black males. One suspect pushed the victim to the ground. The suspects then took the victim’s wallet and cell phone from his pocket. The suspects then fled on foot in an unknown direction.... more »
Armed Robbery, Commerce & Notre Dame
On Saturday, August 7, 2010, at 1:24am, the victims, 2 W/M’s &2 W/F’s, were walking near commerce and Notre Dame when they were approached by two unknown black males. One suspect produced a pistol and demanded that the victims drop their valuables. The victims complied and the second suspect retrieved the property. The suspects then fled on foot... more »
Aggravated Assault, 240 Decatur
On Friday, August 6, 2010, at 12:30am, the victim, 41 y/o W/M, was working at 240 Decatur when he observed a black male attempting to enter the bar. The black male had been told in the past that he was not welcome at the establishment. When the victim attempted to confront the suspect, the suspect reached into a bag that he was... more »
Armed Robbery (Carjacking), 1000 block of Annunciation
On Friday, August 6, 2010, at 10:20am, the victim, 26 y/o W/M, was attempting to enter his vehicle in the 1000 block of Annunciation when he was approached by an unknown black male. The suspect produced a pistol and demanded the victim’s car. The victim complied, and the suspect took the vehicle and fled on Annunciation toward Calliope,... more »
Simple Robbery, 700 block of Bourbon
On Thursday, August 5, 2010, at 7:10pm, the victim, 55 y/o W/F, was in the 700 block of Bourbon when she was approached by an unknown black male. The suspect asked the victim for some money. When the victim refused, the suspect grabbed the victim’s iPhone from her hand. The suspect then fled on foot on Bourbon toward Orleans. The victim gave... more »
Simple Robbery, Bourbon & Iberville
On Thursday, August 5, 2010, at 12:18am, the victim, 18 y/o W/M, was near Bourbon & Iberville when he became involved in a verbal altercation with an unknown black male. Several friends of the unknown male joined the altercation and one of the suspects reached into the victim’s pocket and removed some cash. The suspects then... more »
By Officer Shubert - Aug 5 - 1 new of 1 message
Comstat Meeting Location Change
The Eighth District Comstat meeting scheduled for Wednesday, August 4, 2010, at 1:00pm, at the Omni Royal Hotel has been moved. The meeting will be held at the Royal Sonesta Hotel, 300 Bourbon. The time of the meeting will remain at 1:00pm. As always, the media and the members of the community are encouraged to attend.... more »
By Officer Shubert - Aug 4 - 1 new of 1 message

Last edited:

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
Check out what happened in my neighborhood in a few days, we are already fighting a war in the most important tourist attraction in the state.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. If you read the original post and associated news article, it's about a police officer in California who is being reprimanded for criticizing and threatening OCers on his facebook page. You're posting french quarter crime statistics as a reply?

Even if this had some remote relevancy to the discussion at hand, it seems the majority of crimes taking place there are late at night or in the very early morning in an area of the city known for drinking establishments and debauchery. I'm not sure how this applies to LA OCers.

p.s. I just realized that YOU made the original post. This makes it even more bizarre.

Last edited:

estcrh

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. If you read the original post and associated news article, it's about a police officer in California who is being reprimanded for criticizing and threatening OCers on his facebook page. You're posting french quarter crime statistics as a reply?

Even if this had some remote relevancy to the discussion at hand, it seems the majority of crimes taking place there are late at night or in the very early morning in an area of the city known for drinking establishments and debauchery. I'm not sure how this applies to LA OCers.

p.s. I just realized that YOU made the original post. This makes it even more bizarre.

So its ok to prey on and ATTACK innocent residents,workers,tourists etc if its LATE at night or in the EARLY morning? Since when does the time that a crime happens make IT OK?? Its ok rob and beat someone because they are in a town you do not live in or approve of? Besides strip clubs and bars there are museums, restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs, antique stores.

People come to the Quarter for FUN not to get attacked....The crimes I post happen in MY neighborhood, the 8th district..a very small area making up the French Quarter and a few blocks on either side. Someone responded to my original post and stated
What would you do if we had to actually fight a war on American soil?" "Would you be willing to stand up and fight for your life or the life of your family against an actual invasion force?
I was pointing out to him that I am FIGHTING a WAR right here were I live and were I own property.

Nothing that happens in the French Quarter is any worse than what happens in many American cities..look at Las Vegas for example..they do not have armed robberies and brutal attacks on tourists,residents and workers on a constant basis in the most famous tourist area of the state of Nevada why is it accepted here in La.

A lot of people here open carry because they can...I carry a gun EVERY WERE that its legal in my neighborhood because I HAVE TO in order to protect myself because the state cant or wont protect me.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
So its ok to prey on and ATTACK innocent residents,workers,tourists etc if its LATE at night or in the EARLY morning? Since when does the time that a crime happens make IT OK?? Its ok rob and beat someone because they are in a town you do not live in or approve of? Besides strip clubs and bars there are museums, restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs, antique stores.

People come to the Quarter for FUN not to get attacked....The crimes I post happen in MY neighborhood, the 8th district..a very small area making up the French Quarter and a few blocks on either side. Someone responded to my original post and stated I was pointing out to him that I am FIGHTING a WAR right here were I live and were I own property.

Nothing that happens in the French Quarter is any worse than what happens in many American cities..look at Las Vegas for example..they do not have armed robberies and brutal attacks on tourists,residents and workers on a constant basis in the most famous tourist area of the state of Nevada why is it accepted here in La.

A lot of people here open carry because they can...I carry a gun EVERY WERE that its legal in my neighborhood because I HAVE TO in order to protect myself because the state cant or wont protect me.

Others may be drawn in to your rants on this site, but I will not.

The original post was about OCers in California. You follow that up with the police blotter from the french quarter, an area where the vast majority of folks don't frequent while OCing. This does little to further discussion about open carry advocacy in Louisiana.

NRAMARINE

My advice...move out of there. New Orleans is a cesspool of corruption and apathy from the top down. Until the majority of people there decide to take responsibility for their community it will never change. I know it's not ideal and you shouldn't HAVE to move. That's true, but the reality is you can make a choice. You then must take sole responsibility for that choice.

estcrh

My advice...move out of there. New Orleans is a cesspool of corruption and apathy from the top down. Until the majority of people there decide to take responsibility for their community it will never change. I know it's not ideal and you shouldn't HAVE to move. That's true, but the reality is you can make a choice. You then must take sole responsibility for that choice.

Would you be willing to stand up and fight for your life or the life of your family against an actual invasion force?"

How about if its your city and your neighborhood...would you put your tail between your legs and run, leave your job and home and friends? Thats not how I do things.

NRAMARINE

My town isn't full of thugs and gangs. We take responsibility for maintaining our way of life and seeing to it that that type of behavior isn't tolerated. If you choose to stay there, fine. Just don't whine about how much it sucks. Instead do something about it. My point is simple, I oc because I take responsibility for protecting my family and myself, I don't oc to make a point. I have never " Tucked Tail and run." I have stood against the tide more often than I care to remember. I'm not ashamed of my scars, but they did hurt.

I wonder, do you have any children? I suspect not, because I don't believe you to be the type of person who would endanger them to make a point. I myself would never dream of raising my family in New Orleans, just as I would not do it in Liberia( imagine katrina meets escape from L.A.) I respect your courage, however I must question your logic. What you seem unwilling to accept is that many people in this world who live in crime ridden areas such as N.O. don't want it to change. They will resist cleaning up their streets for fear of short term hardship because they cannot comprehend the big picture. As I said, make your choices and live with the consequences, but always remember they are your choices.

estcrh

My town isn't full of thugs and gangs. We take responsibility for maintaining our way of life and seeing to it that that type of behavior isn't tolerated. If you choose to stay there, fine. Just don't whine about how much it sucks. Instead do something about it. My point is simple, I oc because I take responsibility for protecting my family and myself, I don't oc to make a point. I have never " Tucked Tail and run." I have stood against the tide more often than I care to remember. I'm not ashamed of my scars, but they did hurt.

I wonder, do you have any children? I suspect not, because I don't believe you to be the type of person who would endanger them to make a point. I myself would never dream of raising my family in New Orleans, just as I would not do it in Liberia( imagine katrina meets escape from L.A.) I respect your courage, however I must question your logic. What you seem unwilling to accept is that many people in this world who live in crime ridden areas such as N.O. don't want it to change. They will resist cleaning up their streets for fear of short term hardship because they cannot comprehend the big picture. As I said, make your choices and live with the consequences, but always remember they are your choices.

If you have no crime in your town then what are you protecting your family from? I was responding to rmansu2's statement with some facts...Some people are fighting a war on American soil right now...its not just in New Orleans a lot of American cities have out of control crime and we arm ourselves for real everyday threats not to make a point or to prove that we have a right..for some people it is already a daily necessity and law enforcement agencies are trying to keep us for protecting ourselves..not just in La. but in a lot of towns and cities. rmansu was talking about some make believe situation "what if" and I was pointing out that for many Americans this is already a reality, your incredibly lucky to live in a crime free town but not everyone can just pick up and move.

Many hard working tax paying average citizens are being kept from protecting themselves and I am one of them due to the 2 school zones in my neighborhood..I am not whining or complaining, I am perfectly willing to protect myself and I have done so for a long time. IA-Pro just wants to twist my words around and you seem to be doing the same thing...I posted a link to a story about a police officer threatening open carry advocates and rmansu2 responded..I responded back..end of story..until you and IA-Pro decided to make comments without READING what was really being said...is it over your head? I guess I will have to start drawing pictures for you guys.

george everette sibley

right church, wrong pew

All this back and forth about OC, but none of it hit's the target.
If you notice this site's motto, it's clearly not at all affiliated with the 2nd amendment.

Basically, most here are solely concerned with defending themselves from criminals.

Yes, there IS a "war" in this country today, but it's not the one ya'll refer to.

LA Confederate

All this back and forth about OC, but none of it hit's the target.
If you notice this site's motto, it's clearly not at all affiliated with the 2nd amendment.

Basically, most here are solely concerned with defending themselves from criminals.

Yes, there IS a "war" in this country today, but it's not the one ya'll refer to.

And it sure as hell ain't in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It's about 1500 miles due west and maybe a little south of there by a river.

The whining about the crime in NO is tiresome. I doubt there is one person on this site or form this region that doesn't know that NO is a crime ridden, corrupt, garbage dump. If you chose to live there then that's your call. But none of us care to hear about how bad it sucks; trust us we already know and that's why we don't live there. To assert that you are in a war shows that you have no clue whatsoever what a war actually is, and you greatly dishonor those who are in the thick of an actual shooting war that is going on right now both on US soil and abroad.

Estrogen, if you want to OC there or CC or whatever, good for you. That's probably a wise move. But the point that NRAMARINE was making was this: if you're concerned about the crime in your neighborhood, do something about it other than complaining here. Form a neighborhood watch or something. Report the criminals. Get to know the NOPD in your district, voice your concerns, and ask them how you can help.

estcrh

And it sure as hell ain't in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It's about 1500 miles due west and maybe a little south of there by a river.

The whining about the crime in NO is tiresome. I doubt there is one person on this site or form this region that doesn't know that NO is a crime ridden, corrupt, garbage dump. If you chose to live there then that's your call. But none of us care to hear about how bad it sucks; trust us we already know and that's why we don't live there. To assert that you are in a war shows that you have no clue whatsoever what a war actually is, and you greatly dishonor those who are in the thick of an actual shooting war that is going on right now both on US soil and abroad.

Estrogen, if you want to OC there or CC or whatever, good for you. That's probably a wise move. But the point that NRAMARINE was making was this: if you're concerned about the crime in your neighborhood, do something about it other than complaining here. Form a neighborhood watch or something. Report the criminals. Get to know the NOPD in your district, voice your concerns, and ask them how you can help.

Why not let NRAMARINE make his own point and you make yours...its easy for people who live in SMALL insignificant towns to make comments about real CITIES..I have a home in a nice safe Az town also and I can certainly hide away there and open carry to Wal mart etc....I am not an ignorant selfish jerk and realize that millions of people do live in big cities and they are being kept from protecting their selves....You post your posts and answer the replies to YOUR post and I will answer the replies to MY post.....There is a WAR going on at home right now....carried on by domestic terrorists and thousands of good law abiding are caught in it...open your eyes and wake up.

estcrh

Why is there no mention or discussion of OC'ing as it pertains to the 2nd amendment here?
Should this site be renamed "selfdefensewithagun.org?
Self defense is why I carry a gun....whats your reason...to prove a point? Thats ok also and the two things are not competing with each other...I SUPPORT both...do you?

george everette sibley

As I pointed out earlier, I find nothing on this site about open carry as it ties in with the 2nd amendment.
Self defense is merely a secondary benefit of the 2nd amendment, hence my suggestion this site would be more accurately titled "selfdefensewithagun.org"