• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CWC Dream Last night

wolffe

Okay so I just woke up from a 12 hour sleep but the entire time I had a dream about OC, here it goes.

For most of the dream, I was wandering around my local wal-mart looking at all kinds of things. As I'm walking around, I keep seeing these guys dressed in all black with black berets on kind of like a black panther look, I take no mind of them and continue shopping.

Then around an hour later, I hear voices coming through a walki-talki and see these black beret guys pulling Mp5's and rifles out of black bags they were carrying. In the dream I was not OC'ing or CWC'ing. It became clear they were going to the entire wal-mart hostage and a few people infront of me trying to run away were gunned down, so I put my hands up.

I kept thinking "If only I was CWC'ing". I approached one young man and asked him if we cooperated would we live. He seemed disgusted with me and raised his rifle and shot me in the head which ended the dream. I then started to have the exact same dream except this time I was CWC'ing.

When they started to pull their guns out I Pulled mine out and quickly took the two down near me and they dropped to the floor. I then asked a few of the hostages around mei f they had any weapon experience and one guy said he did, so we both equipped ourselves with the freshly available rifles & through the use of surprise attacks and diversionary tactics we swept and cleared the entire wal-mart killing them all and saving most of the hostages.

DreQo

State Researcher
Wow really? You sound pretty damn paranoid. I think maybe a professional's office (lying on a couch) would be a good place to discuss these types of dreams, not a public forum.

I did have a dream after playing Halo for like 18 hours straight one night. I was running around dodging aliens, and I was so confused because I couldn't find the reload button lol.

XD40coyote

Nothing unusual at all, the OP is probably a creative person in some aspect of their life. I dream about OCing ALL THE TIME. Now and then I have a self defense dream where I have to draw and fire at some threat or a bunch of threats. No, I do not play video games.

I hate when I have OC dreams where I find I am OCing in Baltimore or another part of a very public place in MD. In these I am trying to figure out what to do, though it never seems to be noticed by anyone and there are never any cops interacting with me.

Another OC dream I had involved a sudden school zone and the ensuing anger from me for having to disarm, unload, and stow the gun. I was in CO with my parents visiting my aunt and she had us go to this apt complex to meet someone. Right next to the apts is a friggin elementary school! Not too far away is a Starbucks with a banner that says " welcome open carry" or something. I think it too was still within the school zone which got me more upset. I think this dream stems from me reading about school zones in WI and CA and what a PIA they are, combined with knowing that my aunt's ex husband owns a restaurant you couldn't carry at ( unless CO has an exemption for CC lisc- but hey what about unlisc OC?) since there is a freakin high school right behind it.

Most of my OC dreams take place in PA or VA, and I think I had one involving VT recently. I'm just sorta somewhere and OCing and nobody seems to ever notice. A bit like real life, huh?

Jack House

Coincidentally, I had an OC dream as well. I was with this guy that was OCing and we were at a mall. A mall cop started harassing us, he kept getting told off then finally went away. He went around the corner and radioed back to the office talking with some chick about the "threat" to the mall. They were discussing how to get rid of us, since their hands were tied and we were allowed to continue shopping. They came up with the great plan to try and lure us into drinking so that they could have us arrested for public intoxication with a weapon, or some similar BS charge. We overheard it and I got pissed. I asked the guy what he was going to do about it, he just shrugged. So I suggested having them arrested for attempting to incite unlawful behavior. Guy asked if that was possible, I shrugged and said only one way to find out. He was still reluctant, so I called the police. For like the first time EVER in a dream I was able to get through. I told them the story, but the operator just laugh and said it was one vs two, the operator was clearly biased against gun owners. I stated "but there was two" to which the operator just said that it was our word against theirs. Then I said "but we recorded it" then the operator reluctantly agreed to send an officer out to tend to the call. That's when the dream ended.

Very weird dream. First time I ever had a dream specifically about open carry. First time I ever had a dream where there was a functioning and LOADED weapon readily available if the SHTF, though to be fair, it didn't hit the fan, so maybe that's why. And the first time I ever had a dream where I was actually able to get ahold of the police.

simmonsjoe

You people are crazy.

But I have had a firearm related dream as well. It has repeated a few times, and it is actually a nightmare, as I wake up with a start and am sweating. In short I am in the wrong place at the wrong time and two guys come in to start shooting people. I see them, draw and fire, but my gun doesn't work, and the guys can't even see me. I tap rack bang and it fails again and again. Meanwhile they walk through me and I know it is too late. Then I wake with a start, sweating.

This dream has a lot of meaning for me. It reminds me I have no skills to fall back on when:
a)I have no firearm
b)Someone has been shot.

I am currently training to become an EMT, that solves B. When I can afford it I will join a Krav Maga or other real martial training gym.

The dream hasn't returned since I made these decisions.

This is really nightmare as the feeling I get is like that of when I was confronted with an armed attacker and was in a shootout.

1245A Defender

last nights dream!

a BG is breaking out windows and shooting at me with a 12gauge pump,
i run for new cover after each shot as he breaks a different window trying to
shoot toward my new position.
i grab my 9mm and try to return fire, it either wont shoot straight or wont fire at all.
i try to remember the number for 911,,, finally it start to ring,
and a groggy voice answers and says what? what time is it? what do you want?

years ago i had a dream that BGs broke in to kill me,
every gun i shot at them with would not fire!
the next day i tested every one of my guns, they all worked just fine.

Lethal Overdose

About a year ago, when I first learned of OC, I had the strangest dream.

After several hours of researching OC's legality in my state and watching OC videos, I passed out on my bed. Within minutes, i began dreaming about getting some grub at a popular local burger joint. I ordered a burger with fries and a drink. The cashier told me the price and I reached for my wallet.

"OH CRAP!", I thought. Not only did I not have a wallet on me, I didn't have any pants on. The only thing I was wearing was a belt and a holstered S&W 65. Thankfully no one noticed the lack of clothing. I immediately twisted my holster to the 12:00 position and quickly vacated the store. I decided to hide in the vacant ball pit. I leaped towards the multicolored cover with great speed. Just before I landed into the safety the ball pit provided, I awoke.

I've also had dreams of forgetting to disarm while shopping in Md.

XD40coyote

I have the same problem with the gun not firing. In some dreams I project that it is firing despite the fact it is not. This is basically lucid dreaming, though I am not saying " this is a dream, I do what I want muhahahahaha".

I have also been having more flying dreams lately, and a few where I was Trickster Coyote.

I did have 1 OC nude dream. I was topless and wearing my undies and a belt w/holstered gun and was walking around in some big open indoor space. The people there didn't seem to notice or care.

What next? Can it get more absurd? Catholic school kids OCing AK pistols with orange tips in the 5th grade? And I am one of them? And WTH does that nun have?

USMC1986

I have had a few dreams also about carrying my firearm. A few of them I needed to un-holster to fire, only to experience dud rounds. Good thing they were just dreams! :banana:

ZackL

I've had a few OC dreams. The standard forgetting to disarm in prohibited areas, of course, but the first of the two most memorable was when I was carrying around the house and strange car pulls up the drive. I get a little freaked and tell everyone to hide and my brother loads the rifles and shotguns (including ones I've never even seen in real life before). There are three guys in the car that get out and hit one entrance each, all carrying various weapons. Every time I fire I can see my rounds veer off left, right, up or down and the ones that are on target just stop when they hit even a t-shirt. I woke up after exhausting my pistol mags.

The second is that I'm picking up my brother from school in a new car I had just bought him for lunch. When I pull up outside I see a few guys in all black creeping around the playground with AK's and AR's slung over their shoulders. I couldn't decide to get out and fight or just sit and call the cops (easy answer IRL). Tried the cops, no service on my cell (rural community), so I got out and open fired. Apparently they returned fire as they were dying because I couldn't breathe. I woke up at this point and was freaking out so terribly that I spent an hour pacing around the house and felt like I had to vomit the entire time.

Whew... Good to tell someone about it. lol... I'm seriously hoping I don't take the crown of the crazies, though.

DreQo

State Researcher
Well now that everyones pitching in their stories, I must say I've experienced very similar dreams. Mine are almost always after playing video games, though lol. Ya know, spend 8 hours shooting aliens, fall asleep drunk, and sure enough you have dreams about shooting aliens...or zombies actually.

The weird thing is I have the exact same issue with the gun not working. Mine is usually that the trigger is stuck. I squeeze as hard as I can and it only kinda mushes backward. I usually give up and start yelling "bang!" and the zombies fall over lol. I have also had the dream where I suddenly realize I'm carrying somewhere I shouldn't be.

These are all normal dreams for people to have, though. Practice baseball 8-12 hrs a day, and you dream about baseball. Practice driving 8-12 hrs a day, and you dream about driving. Carry a gun all day, and you dream about carrying. The fact that most of us are dreaming about carrying in the wrong place and being unable to fire is a good thing. It means that our brains are focused on following the law and using our sidearms appropriately.

I also had a dream where I was invited to the back room of a bar. I walked through the door, and a man immediately shot me in the chest. I fell to the ground instantly. Woke up freaked out, obviously, and pissed because I had no time to react. This was during law enforcement training when we were getting it drilled into our heads that we can't just walk into situations blindly. It was a good reminder to stay armed, stay safe, and stay out of bad situations.

The gun not working scenario is also extremely similar to the rubber fist scenario. You get in a fight, or get pissed off, or find some other reason to strike someone, and no matter how hard you swing, you can't hit them for crap. Your arms feel like mush and there's nothing you can do about it.

XD40coyote

The gun not firing, dud or weird rounds ( they look like 1.5" crayons or something silly), and the carrying in GFZ's, are basically all centered around anxiety. Dreams are your mind trying to sort things out, so anything and everything that causes you anxiety in life can manifest in them. You wake up and say "WTH?" and then go through the scenes to what you SHOULD do. Of course not all dreams revolve around some daily anxiety or problems with stress. Some are boring, some feel good, some have dead relatives, some have evil werecoyotes threatening you LOL. I often dream about traveling by car and being in other states and its always interesting or fun. In real life I am agoraphobic! Weird stuff huh?

As per the norm I had another OC dream. This one ended up with me having my dog that died 15 years ago being there. I was holding onto him, hugging him, petting him, and I could feel his fur as if he were real. But it was now, not 15+ years ago, and in the dream I kept thinking he was a "second one". I was also in the neighborhood I grew up in for a short duration. Near the end I was with a group of people in PA, OC and with my dog, and the "head guy" was taking pics, and I sat down, strong side showing, hugging my dog, and wanted this guy to take my pic, but he wouldn't. It was this urgent need to me to have the pic taken and I was really dismayed.

Genken

Every once in awhile I would have this dream of being in a self-defense scenario(even when I was a younger teenager), having a pistol, trying to shoot. The squeeze was always so hard. It was like, trying to lift a 10-15 pound weight with your finger. Very disturbing.

Or ones where I'm caught in a nuclear blast...so surreal, so slow...so scary. Explains why I'm not a fan of nuclear weapons.

19Daniel91

Yeah, I had a dream I was in a mall with our Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm and some bad guys came in and started shootin' up the place, and I returned fire, and the gun kept jamming.

In reality, I've never had that pistol jam on me once, so I still feel confident with it.

Another dream I had was quite unique. I was at work in the warehouse, alone, when those Jaffa from Stargate SG-1 broke in and started shooting at me. Again, I had my Sigma, and returned fire (This time with no jams!). Now that dream was fun.

Jack House

Seriously though, I imagine most people whom carry or even have firearms solely for SHTF or Home Defense have had the dream were the firearm either malfunctions, runs dry, can't hit, or things of that nature.
I don't even own a gun. :lol: Which is probably why I have dreams where the gun's trigger seems stuck.

Funny thing is that about a week ago when I went to fire a handgun for the first time, the trigger was "stuck." Turns out it was a single action revolver. After I figured out it out and went to fire it, I discovered the guy I was with loaded the wrong caliber in it, so it didn't fire(bullet was too small). Then I threw up my arms, went back inside grabbed a semi, loaded it, racked the slide and attempted to pull the trigger. Wouldn't budge. Turns out the safety was on. :banghead:

1245A Defender

remind me to never read your posts!!!

I don't even own a gun. :lol: Which is probably why I have dreams where the gun's trigger seems stuck.

Funny thing is that about a week ago when I went to fire a handgun for the first time, the trigger was "stuck." Turns out it was a single action revolver. After I figured out it out and went to fire it, I discovered the guy I was with loaded the wrong caliber in it, so it didn't fire(bullet was too small). Then I threw up my arms, went back inside grabbed a semi, loaded it, racked the slide and attempted to pull the trigger. Wouldn't budge. Turns out the safety was on. :banghead:
nuf said