• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in an establishment that serves alcohol

TyGuy

Is it true that you can OC in Wisconsin in an establishment that serves alcohol if you have permission?

Can anyone direct me to the WI law that clarifys this?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Is it true that you can OC in Wisconsin in an establishment that serves alcohol if you have permission?

Can anyone direct me to the WI law that clarifys this?

TyGuy:

www.wisconsincarry.org/legal.html has several citations of pertinent WI laws regarding carry. http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/carrypermissionsliprev5.pdf is an actual "permission" slip a WCI member made up. If you print it duplex, the form comes out on the front (the part the oner/manager fills in) and the pertinent statute prints on the back.

Carry On.

TyGuy

I'm trying to organize an OC dinner up in Beloit. I was thinking that Applebees might be nice, but I'd need to contact the owner/manager to get their permission.

TyGuy

You need the permission of the particular owner or manager who is issued the Ch. 125 permit.

What is a Ch 125 permit? Is that the liquor license?

I think the prevailing notion is that we will have it at Culvers in Beloit Saturday evening August 21st. The exact time has not been set. I think we'll eat inside and then do desert outside on the benches, so that we don't take up valuable seating space while we just sit and BS. I would like it to be a positive experience for the restaraunt, not a negative one.

CUOfficer

They are corporate...you should find out what they do in states that have CCW permits. If they ban firearms in their restaurant in those states, you will be hard-pressed to get them to allow it here.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Culver's does not that I know serve alcohol (or fine cuisine), so advance permission is not legally required. The general consensus seems to be "ask forgiveness not permission" because a business may default thoughtlessly to 'no' and even making it a general policy. If clarification of policy on armed customers is negative then effective trespass notice is easy to argue.

I requested clarification for my benefit and Culvers has not responded, now twenty-four hours later.

Last edited:

TyGuy

I meant to ask for permission if we did a group at Applebees. However, it's going to be at Culvers, so I just plan on showing up.

__

Banned
Becasue your special, Culvers is special or because Culvers does not serve alcohol?

TyGuy

I believe we'll be meeting at the Beloit Culvers at 7pm on Saturday August 21st.

Jason in WI

I believe we'll be meeting at the Beloit Culvers at 7pm on Saturday August 21st.

I put it on the calender and will try and make it. I think you should re-post this so more people will see it, the thread title gives no indication of a meet.

Also to be sure, this is the location correct?

Culver's of Beloit, WI
2676 Cranston Road
Beloit, WI 53511

The flavor of the day will be Just Drummy, never had that.

Last edited: