• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in an establishment that serves alcohol

TyGuy

We have about 17 RSVPed for the event so far. 7pm Saturday August 21st at the Culvers in Beloit on Cranston

Jason in WI

Link to meet-up thread over at ICarry.org

I'm still going to try and make it but, we got busy at the shop and I have to see what time I can get out on Saturday. I have to remember to map-quest Beloit and see how far away it is. As slow as it is and now that they have our road closed for construction, I don't mind staying late as long as we have work :).

Last edited:

TyGuy

Lol Paul, and yeah I should probably have linked it over to Icarry. That's where I started the get together.

TyGuy

Thank you to everyone that came by. We were there for over 3 hours. 15 people total showed up, 14 ate at Culvers, and 9 carried. Photos to follow.

Jason in WI

Thanks Tyler for setting this up. It was great to meet all you guys! It's always nice to get together with like minded people.

A lot of people noticed us open carrying and didn't seem to care. I did talk to two tables of diners that stopped me and all they were wondering is if it was real (my sidearm) and is it legal. Unfortunately they didn't really want any fliers or more information, but one did stop me again to clarify that if his wife did want to carry a firearm in her purse for protection that I was sure it is illegal.

That is one of the reasons I open carry; to get people thinking. While they might not agree with carrying a firearm at least they might think about it and they will definitely tell their friends about the "guy with the gun" eating custard. Hollywood and the media has been painting people with firearms in bad light so long that the only way we are going to change public perception is one person at a time.

Here are some pics I took. Sorry, I know I didn't get everybody and I admit my photo skills suck.

100_1085.jpg

100_1086.jpg

100_1087.jpg

If you don't want to be seen on the web just IM me and I'll blur your pic. And since I'm really lazy I'm just going to cut and past this post in the meet-up thread in the Wisconsin forum over at ICarry.org

Motofixxer

A lot of people noticed us open carrying and didn't seem to care. I did talk to two tables of diners that stopped me and all they were wondering is if it was real (my sidearm) and is it legal.

I liked when the lady asked you, "what happens if someone comes up and grabs your gun." Our table heard it and laughed.