Thread: Applying for ccw permit

Applying for ccw permit

when i apply for my permit will they give me a temp permit or do i have to wait for the perm. one to come in. I was told they give a temp one but cant verify for myself and would like to know. if yall could help it would be really appreciated.

When i got my permit a few years ago i had to waite to get it because they do a background check and fingerprints

ok i was taking to a sheriff and he said they would give me a temp but it didnt sound right to me

They never gave me a temporary permit. I don't think they offer one. 45 days is a long time to wait.

that is a long time i was hoping sheriff was right but that might be only for leo's or renewals

The law says within 45 days if your check is good. I wonder what is the shortest amount of time somebody has waited for their permit?

Check: Mississippi Code of 1972 45-9-101 (6) (C)
    Last edited by DCKilla; 08-09-2010 at 01:32 AM.

well i will be using cash so i hope it is good so maybe it will not take that long to get it back will post when i get it back

T -30 Days for me, it seems to be taking forever. I want my cwp, NOW!!!

when did you apply for your ccw permit dckilla. it has been a week today since i applied for mine and it seems to be taking forever. they told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks for me to get it, but i am hoping they get it back to me sooner.

It was the 2nd or 3rd of August when I applied. They told me 4 to 6 weeks as well. When my friend applied for his a couple years ago it took the full 120 days. That's before they changed it to 45 days. I can imagine that it will take them the full 45 days to send the permit.
    Last edited by DCKilla; 08-18-2010 at 10:56 AM.

would you let me know when you recieve your ccw because then i should be getting mine within about a week. i went down august 10th and applied for mine.
    HI-POINT .45

No problem, I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

does anyone know of a way to check on the status of a permit online. i have tried to find out but with no luck.
    Last edited by luvnfords; 09-14-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    HI-POINT .45

I received my permit today. It arrived exactly 45 days after I applied for it.

glad to hear that you received yours. now i should receive mine in about seven days. good luck with carrying and be safe.
    HI-POINT .45

i received my ccw permit today. it took 44 days for me to receive it.
    HI-POINT .45

Quote Originally Posted by luvnfords View Post
    i received my ccw permit today. it took 44 days for me to receive it.
    One day shy, they must be getting better at it. Way to go, that is some very good news.

Carry on!!!

would you let me know when you recieve your ccw because then i should be getting mine within about a week. i went down august 10th and applied for mine.
    hipoint 45 glad you got your ccw permit.are you going to conceal carry or opnncarry at times? robbywiopen carry in the gulfport area at times.

i will open carry most of the time in part because my pistol is so hard to conceal on me and i feel that the extra time it takes to uncover and then draw could do more harm than good. I will do most of my carrying in O.S. and Biloxi and maybe over toward Pascagoula (I try to stay out of Gulfport). Have youo had any trouble carrying in Gulfport.
    HI-POINT .45

i will open carry most of the time in part because my pistol is so hard to conceal on me and i feel that the extra time it takes to uncover and then draw could do more harm than good. I will do most of my carrying in O.S. and Biloxi and maybe over toward Pascagoula (I try to stay out of Gulfport). Have youo had any trouble carrying in Gulfport.
    Ihave not had any trouble open carrying in gulfport a few weeks ago i was cutting my grass wearing my glock with out my shirt and someone called the police when they arrived the ask why i was wearing a gun I told them i bad a ccw permit and i open carry a lot they said they had to check out the call and told me to have a nice day and left

but you dont need a permit to carry on your property, but glad everything went well if i make it to gulfport i will be open carrying.
    HI-POINT .45

but you dont need a permit to carry on your property, but glad everything went well if i make it to gulfport i will be open carrying.
    I carried all the time around my property before receiving my permit.

Gulfport is probably the most corrupt municipal in this entire country.

I'm thinking about open carrying with no permit in Gulfport. Perhaps getting a clear holster or more likely the 1.5" NAA w/ folding grip & clip...

(clips on the other side) :/

I want to laugh in their face when I tell them that they have no authority. Then they will take me to jail, and I'll get the NRA to provide me with some awesome assistance of counsel. But, I'm fairly confident that I could get away with the charges, no problem... I just wanna know how easy it'll be to get my gun back.

I wonder if Gulfport would really throw me in the slammer for truly open carrying... i.e. - concealing not even in part.
    Last edited by stungun; 09-29-2010 at 01:49 AM.

well its not New Orleans so they will not just shoot you. You will probably be arrested and your firearm taken. Not sure on Jail. Look at what they can do for violating the CC laws, its probably what they will try and use.