• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Applying for ccw permit

luvnfords

when i apply for my permit will they give me a temp permit or do i have to wait for the perm. one to come in. I was told they give a temp one but cant verify for myself and would like to know. if yall could help it would be really appreciated.

robbyw

When i got my permit a few years ago i had to waite to get it because they do a background check and fingerprints

DCKilla

They never gave me a temporary permit. I don't think they offer one. 45 days is a long time to wait.

DCKilla

The law says within 45 days if your check is good. I wonder what is the shortest amount of time somebody has waited for their permit?

Check: Mississippi Code of 1972 45-9-101 (6) (C)

Last edited:

luvnfords

when did you apply for your ccw permit dckilla. it has been a week today since i applied for mine and it seems to be taking forever. they told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks for me to get it, but i am hoping they get it back to me sooner.

DCKilla

It was the 2nd or 3rd of August when I applied. They told me 4 to 6 weeks as well. When my friend applied for his a couple years ago it took the full 120 days. That's before they changed it to 45 days. I can imagine that it will take them the full 45 days to send the permit.

Last edited:

luvnfords

would you let me know when you recieve your ccw because then i should be getting mine within about a week. i went down august 10th and applied for mine.

luvnfords

does anyone know of a way to check on the status of a permit online. i have tried to find out but with no luck.

Last edited:

robbyw

would you let me know when you recieve your ccw because then i should be getting mine within about a week. i went down august 10th and applied for mine.

hipoint 45 glad you got your ccw permit.are you going to conceal carry or opnncarry at times? robbywiopen carry in the gulfport area at times.

luvnfords

i will open carry most of the time in part because my pistol is so hard to conceal on me and i feel that the extra time it takes to uncover and then draw could do more harm than good. I will do most of my carrying in O.S. and Biloxi and maybe over toward Pascagoula (I try to stay out of Gulfport). Have youo had any trouble carrying in Gulfport.

robbyw

i will open carry most of the time in part because my pistol is so hard to conceal on me and i feel that the extra time it takes to uncover and then draw could do more harm than good. I will do most of my carrying in O.S. and Biloxi and maybe over toward Pascagoula (I try to stay out of Gulfport). Have youo had any trouble carrying in Gulfport.

Ihave not had any trouble open carrying in gulfport a few weeks ago i was cutting my grass wearing my glock with out my shirt and someone called the police when they arrived the ask why i was wearing a gun I told them i bad a ccw permit and i open carry a lot they said they had to check out the call and told me to have a nice day and left