Thread: Backed Down

Backed Down

Who has quit open carring in the last few months? And if so why?
    Last edited by JUMPOFFBRIDGE89; 08-09-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Not sure you will get many responses phrasing the question that way.

For myself, I do not consider omitting to OC as backing down. Especially if it involves legal pressures or threats. SunTzu (the ancient master military tactician), and other tacticians advise against confronting a powerful enemy head-on when that enemy also has all the advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by JUMPOFFBRIDGE89 View Post
    Who has backed down from open carring in the last few months? And if so why?
    I have.

Respecting the guidance and wishes of the folks from the Calguns leadership and senior advisors here I was on hiatus from openly carrying. I believe that there are appropriate times for all things- and for California, the advent of the open carry was a bit premature- We do not have a state level guarantee of our right to keep and bear arms, we have not secured 12050 licensing reform, and we are facing a bill that will quash exposed handgun carry if it is passed. It may appear that I am parsing my statements like a politician, but right now is probably not the time to have shock and awe, large group events challenging law enforcement or legislators who are making up their minds about AB1934.

We need to be selective about how much we push and where... Its possible to keep things discrete and low key while providing for our security and educating those we encounter.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Switch that around.

Quote Originally Posted by JUMPOFFBRIDGE89 View Post
    Who has quit open carring in the last few months? And if so why?
    It seems odd that you ask who is not carrying and why the last few months. I think that in the wake of the
    McDonald decision there has been an increase in open carry overall. In certain individual states there are more
    specific reasons to continue or increase OC activity. Here in California for instance we have AB1934 to contend
    with. Even if it passes let it be struck down as unconstitutional. Even if it goes into effect it does not apply to long
    guns. As for myself I am trying to increase my own activity but we must be smart about it.

DEFENSOR

Thanks condition for your honesty. I hope everything goes the gun owners way and not the "idiots" way.

I backed down carrying in my town after some things happened with the local PD, not anything to do with the "right people", for a few months back a while ago.

I got my mojo back and I'm not afraid anymore, I keep within the law, I don't back down, and I keep my voice recorder running every second I'm not in the house.

I stick to my guns, and if it ends up turning bad then thats what happens. If I go to jail, or I have to stand up to authority, ok.

Summary:
    Don't back down.
    Keep a voice/video recorder running.

I have quit OC ing. When I did OC, I was always SOLO.

I don't consider it backing down, just that it's so much of a hassle. There are dozens of schools in my area making it pratically impossible to OC w/o being in a GFSZ. I can't OC at work. if I'm not at work I'm on my Tempurpedic or in front of the PC. I bought my gun primarily for home protection and that's where it stays. Well, most of the time.

I still believe in OC. It is a right. Maybe if I lived somewhere else I'd do it more often.
    Last edited by PincheOgro1; 08-09-2010 at 06:15 AM.

"In addition, I have been spending more time out of state like Utah and Montana...."

Must be a shock when you leave one of the United States to return to the People's Demokratik Paradise of Kalifornia...

the reason ive been carrying less is cause i rarely leave the house these days. and when im around home theres school zones litterally around every flippin corner.

there aint many places to carry where i live due to the massive amounts school zones