• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT-ish: Washington election thread

Metalhead47

Yes this is kind of OT, but since it's local it doesn't seem to belong in the lounge, and it could affect OCing in Washington and the RKBA indirectly. The state primary is coming up in a couple more weeks, so who's everyone favoring this time?

*runs & hides*

Last edited:

knight_308

Didier seems to be the best choice for Constitution issues, but of the two likely front runners it'd obviously be Rossi. I'm expecting to go Didier in the primary and Rossi in the general.

DCKilla

I'm a big Dino Rossi fan. I voted for him when he "won" the election for governor and the second time he ran. It's great that he hasn't quit the people of Washington. This is only my opinion. Of course, being out of state, pretty much makes my opinion null and void to Washington politics. My hat still hangs in Washington.

amlevin

Didier may be saying all the right things but if elected will he be effective? Will he be taken seriously in WA, D.C.? If he doesn't have the savy to use the system he may well be serving his term on the comittee that selects the toilet paper for Congressional washrooms.

Dino has the savy. He's a lot more laid-back but knows the system.

I don't dislike Didier at all. I don't know if we can afford to send a total rookie to the Senate when so much is at stake. There is also the issue of who has the ability to unseat Murray. Dino and raise the $$ and get the usual backers motivated. Can Didier, especially without any political experience?

The BEST case scenario would be for Didier and Rossi to be the Top Two. Then there would be no question that Patty Murray would be gone!!!!!!!!!!

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
I think we should start a campaign to get democrats that dislike Rossi to vote for Didier just to Show Rossi that they don't like him. Then Ms Tennis Shoes could finish third, giving us a REAL choice in the General Election.

Metalhead47

Didier may be saying all the right things but if elected will he be effective? Will he be taken seriously in WA, D.C.? If he doesn't have the savy to use the system he may well be serving his term on the comittee that selects the toilet paper for Congressional washrooms.

Dino has the savy. He's a lot more laid-back but knows the system.

I don't dislike Didier at all. I don't know if we can afford to send a total rookie to the Senate when so much is at stake. There is also the issue of who has the ability to unseat Murray. Dino and raise the $$ and get the usual backers motivated. Can Didier, especially without any political experience?

The BEST case scenario would be for Didier and Rossi to be the Top Two. Then there would be no question that Patty Murray would be gone!!!!!!!!!!

Much as I like the idea, I still think opposing views should be given a voice. I hate this "top two" law of ours, it can leave the political minority out of the race. Just look at the Seattle race a couple years back. What were their choices for mayor?

Hairy liberal or shorn liberal.
:banghead:

But I digress... Didier certainly seems to have alot of support, at least around here. His signs have been up all over the place for a long time now, now that he's advertising actively too I think he could give ms tennis shoes a run for it. Also heard a radio ad today that called into question Dino's pro-life credentials, and the little bit of google-fu I've managed thus far seems to confirm that. That's an instant disqualifier for Rossi in my book, at least for the primary.

Koster is currently on the SnoCo council right and has a good record on gun rights issues, correct?

Bob Warden

Prediction:

Without regard to qualifications, merits of the candidates, etc, here's what I think will happen:

Murray is the lone credible DEM with the GOP vote split 3 ways. Therefore, Murray wins the primary easily, probably at least 45%. Rossi and Didier split most of GOP vote with Akers taking a few percentage points.

In the general, Murray automatically gets 48%; people who will not vote for Rossi or Didier pretty much no matter what. There's 47% who will not vote for Murray no matter what. That means the battle is over the remaining 5%, the "undecideds." I think Didier will probably pull 1-2% of the vote as a write in, ensuring victory for Murray.

amlevin

Without regard to qualifications, merits of the candidates, etc, here's what I think will happen:

Murray is the lone credible DEM with the GOP vote split 3 ways. Therefore, Murray wins the primary easily, probably at least 45%. Rossi and Didier split most of GOP vote with Akers taking a few percentage points.

In the general, Murray automatically gets 48%; people who will not vote for Rossi or Didier pretty much no matter what. There's 47% who will not vote for Murray no matter what. That means the battle is over the remaining 5%, the "undecideds." I think Didier will probably pull 1-2% of the vote as a write in, ensuring victory for Murray.

And this is the way almost all elections are decided. It is the group in the middle that are the ones that decide elections. Someone once pointed out that any Presidential election has 45% going Dem, 45% going Rep, and the 10% of "Undecided" votes going to the one that makes the best case to them during the campaigning.

Metalhead47--

With Rossi's Italian immigrant heritage, and most likely being Catholic, it probably doesn't take much "Google-Fu" to determine his stance on abortion. I'd rather have a candidate that comes out and states his position rather than one that merely panders to whatever group he/she feels will benefit them most in an election. This is something we, as supporters of the 2A need to be cautious of. Will a candidate pander to us, just to get our votes, and then "forget" who got him to the dance?

sudden valley gunner

I predict Murry is going to loose a lot more considering her total lack of considering what her constituants want. Let's not forget many "leftists" didn't want the Health Care Bill either. I think if the "right" can get one strong canidate he has it.

Now I wish we can get any of these candidates to state what their position is on the Right to Bear arms. Both Murray and Cantrell voted against the national recognition of CPL's.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Think outside the box!

A reminder that there are two Washington Supreme Court Justices that need the support of all gun owners: Justice Johnson and Justice Sanders! They support the 2A and they are a great ally in the battle here in this state. Remember Justice Sanders wrote the opinion last year that incorporated the 2A to Washington before SCOTUS. And Justice Sanders looks out for individuals, if you ever end up before the WA SC you want Sanders on the bench.

I voted for Rossi twice for Governor. I will be voting for Didier in the primary. I reserve my vote in the general election until that time.

Someone earlier brought up what to expect from Rossi vs. Didier. Let me tell you this, for many years this country continues to vote for one of the two parties "establishment" candidates. Primarily because they have the experience, the connections of how to get things done once they get there.

I call BS! Enough is enough!!! We do not need to send someone back to DC that knows how to play the party game. We do not need to send someone back to DC that knows how to use their connections. We do not need to send someone back to DC that is savvy. We do not need to send someone back to DC that knows how to spend more money!!!

Enough, send someone from outside the party apparatus!

Last edited:

Squeak

Qualifications ? If there were quals, how did tenny runner get there in the first place ? Money and lots of it! We need new blood in D.C. and here at home. The incumbments had their chances and blew it! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm running out of money for them to spend.

amzbrady

Only in grays harbor, We have poncho villa on our ballot. He just got out of jail from California where he was extradited from here. Nothing like having a known criminal and drug addict on our ballot in Grays Harbor.

Last edited: