Thread: First LEO encounter

First LEO encounter

Well, after 2+ years of OCing I went to Burger King friday night for some grub, I walked in and there sat an armed security officer.He didnt say anything,but he sure eyeballed me for several minutes until I sat down. When he got up to leave we exchanged nods. Sat afternoon, stopped at a gas station with my step son to get some snuff.When I pulled in, there was a State trooper car parked and I thought this was it,time to see. Iwalked in and the ST was at the counter talking to the guy behind the counter. He imediately noticed my XD holstered on my left side, I got my snuff and when I turned to go he asked " wacha carring? me -XD 9 SC, Him- "do ya like it? me-yes I love it. Him-"lefty huh? me- yea, can be hard to find a holster. That was it.

Glad it was uneventful. Just like it should be.

Congrats on the nonevent.

I've OCd around cops, and I know they've seen it on at least one occasion, and that they haven't on one other. The first time I simply made eye contact with the officer, no problems. Have yet to exchange words, good or bad.

LEO encounter

Met w/ another OC'er in Greensboro about a month ago at the Wendy's. Sat and talked about OC'ing, and a sheriff came in, ordered, and sat right behind us. Our pistols were in plain site and visable, no problems. Checked out Gander Mnt. while we we there, same thing no problems. I was surprised on how many looks we got concidering we were at a gun store and there sign says you can open carry in there store. God bless.

I too have OCed in Gander mountain, but didnt really get alot of looks. I havent seen a sign that say you can OC. Is this a new sign? The only sign Im aware of is the check weapons if to get work done.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I too have OCed in Gander mountain, but didnt really get alot of looks. I havent seen a sign that say you can OC. Is this a new sign? The only sign Im aware of is the check weapons if to get work done.
    It's even on their site now:
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Yeah, I've seen that sign at Gander before. I'm glad it explains that people that are carrying for protection can continue to carry. Makes it very clear where they stand on the issue.

Sign

Hey sFe, I'm glad you put the sign up. I'm also glad Gander Mtn. put the sign right next to the front door so it's visible, and made it about 3' high by 2' long on a nice big holder for everyone to see. It makes the rules and the "LAW" very clear. I will shop there again to show my support to a store who does not bow down to the people who dont read and understand the constitution, and want my gun rights taken away. God bless.