• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chalk Up Another One For The Good Guys!

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Well, guys, I did it again. I'm guilty of corrupting the morals of one of the younger generation.

A coworker of mine turned 21 a couple of weeks ago. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said he wanted me to take him to the range because he'd never shot a gun and always wanted to. SO, I packed up the Bersa .380, EAA Witness .45, New Model Convertible Blackhawk .357/9mm, and the Uberti replica Colt SAA in .45 LC along with a box of ammo in each caliber.

We stayed for 3 hours, and he had what looked like a permanent grin when we were done.

I just LOVE bringing new shooters over to the dark side!

sudden valley gunner

You didn't corrupt his morals, you instilled a stronger sense of morality!!!! LOL. Guns are right and are moral.

Great job Bookman, and the kid's got good taste liking the 9.

tombrewster421

You didn't corrupt his morals, you instilled a stronger sense of morality!!!! LOL. Guns are right and are moral.

Great job Bookman, and the kid's got good taste liking the 9.

Guns, like money, are Amoral. Niether good or bad, but sometimes used for both. I'm thankful that another responsible adult has shed the fear that we are taught to have and can now make the decision to protect himself because it's no one elses job.

Lovenox

Thats great, Bookman!! I have a .22 I generally keep by the sliding glass door for coyotes, racoons and all the rest. On occasion I have to shoot at a coyote with my 5 1/2 year old son and his Red Ryder BB Gun in tow. He actual takes a shot after I do and says "I think I got him!" LOL To which I say "You might have.."

tombrewster421

Thats great, Bookman!! I have a .22 I generally keep by the sliding glass door for coyotes, racoons and all the rest. On occasion I have to shoot at a coyote with my 5 1/2 year old son and his Red Ryder BB Gun in tow. He actual takes a shot after I do and says "I think I got him!" LOL To which I say "You might have.."

That's awesome!

oneeyeross

The only good coyote is a ....well, maybe that is a bit extreme, but you're teaching that young one the right way. Get rid of those nasty, vile, sheep and lamb stealing rascals...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Hat's off to Bookman!

Bookman continually introduces new shooters to the firearms community! Hat's off to you sir...

I point this out as I see everyone on this board has a small but valuable gift in the Open Carry world. Don't think that your small gift doesn't matter...IT DOES!

Some guys just carry and never say a thing...but people see you!
Others write emails and hold our public officials accountable!
Others speak at city hall, others work the gun show!
Some host events!

It all ads up, keep it up!
Well, guys, I did it again. I'm guilty of corrupting the morals of one of the younger generation.

A coworker of mine turned 21 a couple of weeks ago. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said he wanted me to take him to the range because he'd never shot a gun and always wanted to. SO, I packed up the Bersa .380, EAA Witness .45, New Model Convertible Blackhawk .357/9mm, and the Uberti replica Colt SAA in .45 LC along with a box of ammo in each caliber.

We stayed for 3 hours, and he had what looked like a permanent grin when we were done.

I just LOVE bringing new shooters over to the dark side!

sudden valley gunner

Guns, like money, are Amoral. Niether good or bad, but sometimes used for both. I'm thankful that another responsible adult has shed the fear that we are taught to have and can now make the decision to protect himself because it's no one elses job.

My post was meant as tongue in cheak, my dry humor doesn't always come across the board. But you are absolutely right.

When people realize that it is a tool and only a tool and that anything done with it is the sole responsibility of the owner/user and not the tool it would be a better world.

tombrewster421

My post was meant as tongue in cheak, my dry humor doesn't always come across the board. But you are absolutely right.

When people realize that it is a tool and only a tool and that anything done with it is the sole responsibility of the owner/user and not the tool it would be a better world.

Amen!