• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mlive.com - Royal Oak street festival gun ban under fire

Bailenforcer

Wouldn't it be interesting is some undesirable O.C.'er stopped some violent incident at the fair, what would they say then? I get so tired of the Liberal milk toast mentality that somehow a gun is dangerous when so many are killed by so many other things, like knives, cars, ect.

Flint has a big problem with a knife wielding stalker murdering black people. I think we should ban all sharp objects...

I would like the gun grabbing nuts in Royal Oak to see this can some one please send this to the nut in charge! I would but I'm not to good with this comp things! http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_10089.shtml?sms_ss=yahoomail

Bailenforcer

A crazy idea?

Maybe we need to fire all the Michigan legislature and bring in new blood, and have a law written that any city or Government agency that attempts to violate the preemption clause would be liable for fines up to $1 Million dollars a day. This would help the State of Michigan get more money in it's coffers. I know it's a crazy idea...... But!

fozzy71

A tip for future replies, is to use the multi-quote button. Next to the 'reply with a quote' button is a "+ button you can check for each quote you want to reply to. That way you can read the thread, save the quotes for reply, and reply to them all at once, in one reply.

Wouldn't it be interesting is some undesirable O.C.'er stopped some violent incident at the fair, what would they say then? I get so tired of the Liberal milk toast mentality that somehow a gun is dangerous when so many are killed by so many other things, like knives, cars, ect.

Flint has a big problem with a knife wielding stalker murdering black people. I think we should ban all sharp objects...

'Reply 1'

Maybe we need to fire all the Michigan legislature and bring in new blood, and have a law written that any city or Government agency that attempts to violate the preemption clause would be liable for fines up to $1 Million dollars a day. This would help the State of Michigan get more money in it's coffers. I know it's a crazy idea...... But!

'Reply 1'

PDinDetroit

I will be creating language soon to put some teeth in MCL 123.1102, in the hopes that we can get someone in the Michigan Legislature to introduce it in a bill. I will be posting it here for review prior to sending it in. There are some in the Michigan Legislature that are on Firearm Rights side, and hopefully the upcoming news article will help our position.

B

Bikenut

I will be creating language soon to put some teeth in MCL 123.1102, in the hopes that we can get someone in the Michigan Legislature to introduce it in a bill. I will be posting it here for review prior to sending it in. There are some in the Michigan Legislature that are on Firearm Rights side, and hopefully the upcoming news article will help our position.

Hmmm.... I somehow expect that any attempt to hold government officials accountable and provide penalties for government officials who step out of line will meet strong resistance from those who are... government officials.

By the way....when is that news article expected?

PDinDetroit

Hmmm.... I somehow expect that any attempt to hold government officials accountable and provide penalties for government officials who step out of line will meet strong resistance from those who are... government officials.

By the way....when is that news article expected?

Sorry, did not post this yesterday when I got the info. I was helping my ex-wife and my daughter through the loss of her mother/grandmother and getting ready for the medical procedure this morning.

We heard back that the article will be delayed until Friday or Sunday due to other news issues on-going. This is good, as there will be more space in the Friday/Sunday Paper and more information can be reported at that time. I believe that if the News Article is in the Sunday paper, it will help bring Public Focus to the Monday Commission Meeting.

B

Bikenut

Prayers sent for you and your family at this time....

Thanks PDinDetroit... we will be looking for the article hoping for facts... not spin.

Bronson

I get so tired of the Liberal milk toast mentality

Just as a point of interest it's "Milquetoast", not "milk toast."

Actually I think a closer analogy to what we normally hear/read regarding gun control is that since the killer is killing black people the city of Flint should ban all black people. That way the killer would have no victims. This, to me, is akin to saying if we got rid of all guns then criminals couldn't steal guns.

A tip for future replies, is to use the multi-quote button.

Oooooh, thanks for this tip. My Ludditic tendencies keep me from mucking about with the goo-gahs and buttons on the page and since I didn't know what that thing did I never messed with it. This makes posting much easier.

Bronson

B

Bikenut

-snip-

Oooooh, thanks for this tip. My Ludditic tendencies keep me from mucking about with the goo-gahs and buttons on the page and since I didn't know what that thing did I never messed with it. This makes posting much easier.

Bronson

I'm an old fart stuck in the days when car's starter buttons were on the floor... when keys were for something, but we didn't know what... and toilet paper came in a book named Sears and Roebuck Catalog. So I'm not 'puter savvy either. I end up copying and pasting (a three year old kid showed me how) for a half hour when faced with multiple quotes....

and I still can't get that multiple quotes thingy to work!

Bah! I'm gonna go take a nap!

Bronson

and I still can't get that multiple quotes thingy to work!

On any post you want to quote just click the little "+ button. Then after you've clicked them all and are ready to reply hit the large blue +Reply to Thread button at the bottom left of the page.

Every post you placed a check mark on will come up in your reply box with quote tags from the original poster.

Bronson

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

I know the difference I chose the street vernacular of my youth for reasons I didn't feel necessitated explanation. The issue at hand is the common people are often ran over by a pseudo intellectual plutocracy who is convinced they know what is best for us. For myself I am damn tired of being told what I, a law abiding citizen should do or can't do by those who can't grab their rear ends with both hands. Thomas Jefferson was right and we long passed the 200 year mark.

Is that clear enough?

Urban dictionary: Milk Toast; spineless, having no backbone.

Just as a point of interest it's "Milquetoast", not "milk toast."

Actually I think a closer analogy to what we normally hear/read regarding gun control is that since the killer is killing black people the city of Flint should ban all black people. That way the killer would have no victims. This, to me, is akin to saying if we got rid of all guns then criminals couldn't steal guns.

Bronson

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

LOL well here's a news flash I still have a mommy and I don't need to be corrected when I post things, I do actually know why I post words in a particular fashion. I have utter disdain for our elected plutocracy and never will I use any word to embellish them or their positions. I will use language fitting of their repute. Frankly a street thug scores higher than any of them. We have allowed ourselves as "we the people" to be fooled into thinking that any one of the people serving in elected office have the intellect to tie their own shoes. I have met dirt farmers with a much higher intellect. Just because a man can use fancy seemingly sophisticated words and terminology does not mean anything other than he knows those words, PERIOD! It is a far greater feat to speak in a manner that even the simplest man can understand, and the most sophisticated can also grasp. We as a people and society tend to worship those who we think are more sophisticated or intelligent than us. This has been human kinds greatest failure. I have no trust for our leaders as they truly believe they are superior to us, that in itself is a fatal human flaw.

So claiming that I am somehow hard on you when you treat me like some errant idiot child and constantly correct me as if I am retarded shows who to be hard on whom? I been around a while and there might be a chance I know what or why I say things even if it is over your head. So for the sake of argument in the future reserve your scoldings for your children, and make not myself the object of your scorn as you obviously have in the past. As I do quite well without your constant supervision.

In closing it would seem you are the one who's trying so hard to be right about what I say or write. So I will not thank you for insulting me in the thread, for mommy didn't raise such a fool.

It's okay to just say "thanks, I didn't know that."

You don't have to try soooo hard to be right about everything, we'll still love you.

Bronson

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

How appropriate! The issue of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America in conjunction with the Constitution of the State of Michigan and the laws of the State of Michigan... along with the untiring efforts of the freedom loving citizens of Michigan who support all of the above has resulted in...................

wait for it!

A 2nd Amendment to the agreement between the city of Royal Oak and the Arts Beats & Eats Festival promoter!

Delicious irony at it's best!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Although I noticed that at the moment that amendment to the agreement hasn't been signed/approved/finally agreed to in writing.

Last edited by a moderator: