• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jared Galleria of Jewelry is anti, need help finding another jeweler!

t33j

I was buying a diamond for my wife. This was when both of us were working and no kids. I found what I wanted for $12,000 and made arrangements to pick it up the next day.

I arrived with cash in hand. They told me I could not make the purchase while wearing the gun. I would have to “leave it in the car.” I told them I’m either carrying 12Gs in cash or a ring. I’m not going unprotected. I even showed them the cash. They still said I could not be in the store with “that gun”.

I said OK and walked out. As I was driving away, the ran out to my car and said it would be OK since this was such a large purchased. I said “No thank you, but I buy a lot of jewelry for my wife, and will not go unprotected.”

They promised me the gun would not be a problem. I told them as long as the sign is on the door, my money is elsewhere.
clap.gif

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I had a similar experience at the one in Tysons.
<snip>

I went to Bailey, Banks, and Biddle. Great store with a good selection. I was also able to find a better quality diamond in a platinum setting for less. I think they have shut down. Since kids, my wife gets homemade jewelry...

Yes, Bailey, Banks and Biddle shut down. Left my daughter without a job, and with a snobbish attitude toward jewelry <grin>. They had been owned by Zales, then were owned by Finley (who stocks Macy's jewelry counters, IIRC) before going out of business.

MGoduto

I had a similar experience at the one in Tysons.

I was buying a diamond for my wife. This was when both of us were working and no kids. I found what I wanted for $12,000 and made arrangements to pick it up the next day.

I arrived with cash in hand. They told me I could not make the purchase while wearing the gun. I would have to “leave it in the car.” I told them I’m either carrying 12Gs in cash or a ring. I’m not going unprotected. I even showed them the cash. They still said I could not be in the store with “that gun”.

I said OK and walked out. As I was driving away, the ran out to my car and said it would be OK since this was such a large purchased. I said “No thank you, but I buy a lot of jewelry for my wife, and will not go unprotected.”

They promised me the gun would not be a problem. I told them as long as the sign is on the door, my money is elsewhere.

I went to Bailey, Banks, and Biddle. Great store with a good selection. I was also able to find a better quality diamond in a platinum setting for less. I think they have shut down. Since kids, my wife gets homemade jewelry...

Are you kidding??

You walked into the store with $12k in f'n CASH and they bitched about you carrying??

Amazing!! This needs to go into the Open Carry Hall Of Fame....

M

McX

great story, great action on your part, nothin hits them like the truth, and a closed wallet!

ClumsyCandy

That's the place Jim.
Been in there many times OC'ing. Nice enough fellows as long as you're not trying to rob them.

As I have posted before, they are TOTALLY PRO 2A! They love me and if you come in OCing they will give you a discount. It's not a written rule but they will do it because they are SO supportive of us. And yes every single one of them is armed not including the back ups : ). Definitely not the place to rob but definitely the place to shop. I sweet talked them into selling me a pair of earrings marked $700 for $350 :D If I hadn't been OCing it never would have happened. Worth the drive. :D